how can I replace the update by the previos version? — TomTom Community

how can I replace the update by the previos version?

Hello,
I made a update of the TomTom GO on Android. Sorry, but this version is chrappy. she is not stable and freezing in after a couple of minutes (or secounds). How can I replace the new version by the old version?
Best regards and stay heathy,
Olaf Goergen

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi @Olaf_Goergen

Welcome to the Community! Can you mention the Phone model, App version, and Android version installed on it? Does the freezing happen when you use it for routing or browsing to menu?

If you uninstall the app from the phone, the play store might offer you to download the old GO Mobile App.

Regards, lampard
  • Olaf_GoergenOlaf_Goergen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    First SAMSUNG SM_T235 Android 5.1.1 Linux Kernel 3.4.39, Second HUAWEI Mate 20 X Android 10 Kernel 4.14.116
    But, if I will install the APP from the scratch I will loos the personal points of interest information's. Or is there a way to save and restore them? And, well, what do you mean with "might offer"? The bugs in the new version is a common topic in the community, by the way.
    The freezing happens independent of the position, rotation or anything else. Only by random. after seconds or minutes totally independent. Best way tho solve the problem: make the old version the the new version.
    Regards, Olaf Goergen
  • Olaf_GoergenOlaf_Goergen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Sorry "to the new version!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi @Olaf_Goergen

Thank you for the information! We are closely monitoring all crashes and improving the stability of the app in every version. Please ensure you've downloaded the latest version of the app, otherwise please try re-installing.

The new Go Navigation app is released for a small number of users only, we've seen some users being offered to download the old Go Mobile app after uninstalling the old one which is why I've advised that.

Regards, lampard
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 269 [Exalted Navigator]
    You can download and install it but if your subscription is expired, you cannot renew it and therefore get no map updates.