Saving places or routes to navigation device not possible — TomTom Community

Saving places or routes to navigation device not possible

TesttesttestTesttesttest Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
It's not possible to synchronize places or routes from my drive connect to the Go60.
Furthermore, any major updates take about 4 or more hours to transfer from the PC to the navigation device.
It's horrible!
Furhermore, the menu of the GO is slowly responding to inputs. And the built-in battery is already spent, so it hardly holds any energy anymore. I cannot use the devive on battery power.
I am constantly dissatisfied with Tomtom. I feel they lost their interesst in navigation devices.
Best thing would be to use Google maps on a recent smart phone instead, it seems to me.
So sad...

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,431
    Superusers
    edited July 2020
    Hi
    @Testtesttest
    It's not possible to synchronize places or routes from my drive connect to the Go60.
    Do you mean from the MyDrive Web Route planner ???
    You need to be logged into MyDrive on the GO 60 to Sync Data....
    NAV4 (GO 60) Tap (.... Menu) → Tomtom Services → MyDrive
    Login... With Tomtom Email & Password....
    Furthermore, any major updates take about 4 or more hours to transfer from the PC to the navigation device.
    It's horrible!
    How Fast/Slow is your internet connection ???
    I have 110 MB/s Broadband, Win 10 PC hard-wired back to the router, the full Europe Map is 9 GB + in size
    My GO 5000 takes around 55 to 65 Minutes to update the Map....
    Furthermore, the menu of the GO is slowly responding to inputs.
    How much free space is there on the GO 60 ??? The device uses some of the onboard memory as working space (The bare minimum working space is 400 MB) but the more free space the faster and more stable the device will operate
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8 GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8 GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    You need to install a Branded Class 10 Micro SDHC memory card
    The latest Full Europe Map is 9 GB +, So an 8 GB Memory Card is useless, a 16 GB or 32 GB is required (32 GB is the Max size Class 10 Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043
    The built-in battery is already spent, so it hardly holds any energy any more. I cannot use the device on battery power.
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1709218/#Comment_1709218
    I am constantly dissatisfied with Tomtom and feel they lost their interest in navigation devices.
    (Snip). So sad...
    Mine are all still working fine....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM