Map Was Delted when I Updated — TomTom Community

Map Was Delted when I Updated

GPS TOMTOM XL IQ routes edition (N14644) I updated my Sat Nav I got today from eBay and its no got no map it no more and TOMTOM HOME says there is no update/ Maps for it

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    Hi @andy2332

Hopefully @VikramK can resolve the missing map issue in Home. Look back later.

When you update a map the old map is removed first to make the space for the new one. If there is an interruption for some reason that can result in you having no map.

Here is a video that you may find help

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Doug
  • andy2332andy2332 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Doug hope this can fix ifnot I wait for VikramK :)
    Superuser
    Hi @andy2332

One problem could be is that your model is very old and some have been declared obsolete over a year ago. and so are not supported by Tomtom re maps etc.

Hope you get sorted.

Doug
  • andy2332andy2332 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your help VikramK it's all done now fixed, I backed it up so if it happens again I have a copy of the Sat-Nav On file

Also Yer Doug it is very old like but should be ok to use for work for the mean time

Thanks all for helping
  • C_SC_S Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited August 6
    I have a related issue - if I want to update, I have to delete maps. However, I do not want to delete maps since those are not free.
    How can I install updates without deleting maps, ie without losing money?
    Serial number ZN xxxxxxxx1978
    Device type: TomTom GO 520

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
    Superuser
    Hi @C_S

Is this a GO520 wifi unit then you should not have paid for any maps to be added to the unit as the unit comes with all the Tomtom Car based maps available to be loaded as and when you want them free of charge . If you delete a map from the unit the map will still be there on the available list should you want to reload it. There is an extra memory slot on these unit which you could add a Micro SD class 10 card up to 32gb in size.

If this is one of the old GO520 units with very limited internal memory then I assume that the maps you have bought are on an extra memory card. Regarding deleting any maps you should not lose them as they are tied to the units serial number and if you remove them from the card they should be available to reinstall whenever you want them,.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @Hi @C_S

Welcome to the community!
    Your device comes with World Lifetime maps so you don't have to worry about paying for maps. The old map is only going to get replaced by a newer version.
    And if you are planning to install a different region then using an SD card for memory expansion will help, as Doug suggested.

Thanks, Vikram