Lost UK map on TomTom Rider — TomTom Community

Lost UK map on TomTom Rider

HarryG50HarryG50 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
Hi
I have a TomTom Rider model 4GD00 and have somehow lost the UK map. I have tried a master reset, but the only map now shows mainland Europe. I have tried to download a map from TomTom website or even purchase again but it says no maps available when I login.
How do I go about getting the UK map back on?
Thanks.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @HarryG50

Lets see what @VikramK has to say when he has had a look at your account settings and logs on the TT servers. Look back here later.

Doug
  • HarryG50HarryG50 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug will do.
    Harry
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @HarryG50

Welcome to the community!

Please check for updates now...

Regards, Vikram
    Thank you Vikram. I can see that I can now purchase a new map. Forgive my stupidity here, but if I purchase say the 1 year service does that mean only updates are provided for 1 year? The map won't be removed from my device after a year? I only ask as I'm still unsure how my original UK map disappeared in the first place.
    Thanks again for your help.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @HarryG50

Maps can disappear when you are doing an update . When an update is being installed the original map is removed to provide the necessary space then the new updated map is loaded in its place. If during the update there is an interruption then the update is lost and because the original was removed first Voila No Map. Maps are tied to a devices serial number so cannot be moved to another device and are there for use as long as you have the unit or pass it on in which case the map goes with it.

If you lose the map on the unit it should be available to you to reload however if it is not showing as available then that is when @VikramK can sort things out so it becomes available.

If you buy a years updates for a current map when that time has passed the map will stay on your unit as it was last updated.

Doug
    Got it, thanks for replying Doug.