No maps for the GO 520 — TomTom Community

No maps for the GO 520

Hi @VikramK something similar to what people are describing happened to me, I have an old device (go 520 M4 series) that was in a drawer until yesterday, I tried to update it through TOMTOM home and now it has no maps and because it is an old device there are no maps of Iberia avalilable I can purchase.

I´m in a loop

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    Hi @Refrigerios

I regret to say that the GO520 units with serial numbers starting M4 were declared obsolete about 2 years ago. They only have about 500mb or 1 gb of internal memory.. For some years the units have been sold with 8gb of internal memory and the latest have 16gb which is needed when you look at the size of the current maps.

Once declared obsolete Tomtom no longer supply Maps etc or provide support. We shall have to see what @VikramK has to say.

Doug
  • RefrigeriosRefrigerios Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Refrigerios

I regret to say that the GO520 units with serial numbers starting M4 were declared obsolete about 2 years ago. They only have about 500mb or 1 gb of internal memory.. For some years the units have been sold with 8gb of internal memory and the latest have 16gb which is needed when you look at the size of the current maps.

Once declared obsolete Tomtom no longer supply Maps etc or provide support. We shall have to see what @VikramK has to say.

Doug

Thanks for your answer Doug, I understand what you say, the problem is that because I (ignoring that fact) tried to upgrade the device conecting it to tomtom home the map dissapeared from the device completely. And now I have a navigator with no map at all and no chance of getting one just because I connected it to the official app.

I don´t mind if the device does only support a few years old map, at least I will have something that is not a really expensive paperweight
  • RefrigeriosRefrigerios Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @VikramK , coud you shed some light on this issue?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    edited July 30
    @Refrigerios
    A map has been reactivated for your TomTom. Because the version is really old I am not sure if it's still available on our servers.

I would suggest that you check for updates in TomTom HOME.

Regards, Vikram