How do I change the email address on my GO5000 device? — TomTom Community

How do I change the email address on my GO5000 device?

I have successfully changed my email address for my TomTom account, which is accessed from my PC.
BUT the device has retained the old email address, despite happily installing various map updates.
Problem: the device will not connect to MyDrive because it remains locked onto the old email address.
I use the same password for both old and new email addresses, but the device refuses to recognise that password.
Ideas please?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,703
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @ajayjay

You have to do a factory reset on the device to delete all previous data on it then set it up from new again. Whilst doing this you will not change the Operating Software or Map versions on the unit.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This may help if you want to copy data from your old Email address to the new one.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1711322/#Comment_1711322

Doug
  • ajayjayajayjay Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi DougLap,
    Very many thanks for this advice.
    I was a bit concerned about venturing down the 'Factory Reset' option because;
    1. my (elderly but hale and hearty) device came with Lifetime maps and I am very anxious to keep that benefit, which nowadays seems extinct...
    2. The prospect of downloading about a weeks' worth of map data does not appeal!
    So your assurance that neither of these feared risks is real comes as very welcome news.
    Cheers
    A
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,703
    Superuser
    Hi @ajayjay

Things like Lifetime Maps and subscriptions are tied to the Serial Number so they wherever the device goes.

Doug