Missing Lifetime Map Update services- Activate please! - Page 8 — TomTom Community

Missing Lifetime Map Update services- Activate please!

1234568»

Comments

• Jim07Jim07 Posts: 4,060 Moderator
    @Ut5ro

Maps should be offered now.

Have a good day ;-)

Jim
  • Jim07Jim07 Posts: 4,060 Moderator
    @ultrabuzz

Regards,

Jim
  • Ut5roUt5ro Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    @Jim07
    Jim07 wrote: »
    @Ut5ro

Have a good day ;-)

Jim

Many thanks, all good
  • manpaxmanpax Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Hello, I have a Tomtom Go Essential from a two year ago and no maps appear to update. It doesn't even give me the option to add maps. Nothing.I beg help. I have tried to reset it and it remains the same. "Your tomtom is up to date", but it has the map from a year ago.
    Serial number ZN12........ (0)
    Thanks.
    Bregards.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,248
    Superuser
    edited February 15
    Hi @manpax

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up and check the units settings on the TT servers and sort out where appropriate..

I assume the Add a Map is not an option as the unit only comes with the Regional Map for the area you are in and does not offer the option to download other free World maps like the Premium does. To get another Map you would need to go onto the TT website and purchase it then when it is allocated to your account it should appear as a New Item when you click on Updates and New Items in Settings.

Look back here to see what they say.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap .
    It is a Tomtom Essential gps with free maps, used only once and no longer updated.
    It has the complete Europe map installed, not regional. And there is no possibility of updating it, or of choosing another map.
    Before it was Tomtom Go 520 and now it appears as Essential.
    Superuser
    Hi @manpax

The Essential is sold like the GO520 model with a map applicable to the region that it was sold in. IE here in the UK it comes with Europe installed whereas in the US it would come with the US installed. The Essential is not sold with World Maps unlike the GO520 so I assume there is no need for the Add a Map option that the GO520 has as you use that option to Add a Map from the World list that are available to it free. With the Essential you will have to add the Map as a New item then you will have the option to change the map being used..

Doug
    Solved. I just reset it and now the options for updating the system and maps appear.
    @DougLap You are right, thank you very much for your attention.
    Thanks.
    Superuser
    Hi @manpax

Glad you are sorted. Annoyed I forgot to suggest you try a Reset which is also a good thing to do after any updates which should be done one at a time.

If you do buy a map there does appear to be instances of this taking time to appear for download. I don't know if this is a result of the current situation and should it happen then contact Customer Support who can sort it out.

Try the following if needed:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

Doug