Missing Lifetime Map Update services- Activate please! - Page 7 — TomTom Community

Missing Lifetime Map Update services- Activate please!

123457»

Comments

• AlexandarSerbiaAlexandarSerbia Posts: 8 [New Seeker]
    In MyDrive Connect it says my device is up to date and all I get under "MY MAPS" under "MY CONTENT" is a loyalty offer.
    My serial number is QQ aplication version 18.203.0026.311 (0) (05.04.2019.)
    Instaled maps were Europe with France building v955.6861 from 07/2015 .
    And one more thing: on the device there is a serial number QQ GO6000 model 4FL60 4FL6.001.00, and in the device in the option bacis information about the device is TomTom GO 6100 , QQ (0), aplication version 18.203.0026.311 (0) (05.04.2019.)
    Should't this model have life time maps and traffic update?
    I haven't got any option to update maps in MyDrive Connect.

Please if you can check my device and help me to solve this isues.
    Thank you in advance.
    Best regards,
    Aleksandar Ilic
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,752
    Superusers
    Hi
    @AlexandarSerbia
    According to this Tomtom FAQ... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015785740-Device-details-TomTom-GO-MyDrive-Connect-

"QQ" --> TomTom GO 6000 / 6100 --> 1FL6.002.56 --> 8GB

Also see... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1726204/#Comment_1726204

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited September 21
    @YamFazMan , thank you for your advices.
    I hope I will find a solution for my problem with "a little help" from you and other members and administrators.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,454 Moderator
    Hi @AlexandarSerbia

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
    @VikramK , thank you and your team for helping me.
    I did a soft reset and reconected the device with MyDrive and now I have the maps to install in the section My maps.
    Now I am going to install the maps.
    Thank you all again.
    Best regards,
    Aleksandar Ilic
    @VikramK , I have one more question to be sure: Do I have now life time maps update activated again and I can download new maps every time when avalaible or this is just for now to download the maps?
    Thanks, Aleksandar

Yes, the lifetime map updates are active now. In the future, you should be able to download map updates released every quarter.

~ Vikram :)
  • RuprRupr Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    My maps dissapeared from the device (Start 62) and MyDrive Connect doesn´t show any available maps. Lifetime map updates never worked. What should I do to restore device? I saw all the videos (resetting/restoring device), nothing worked.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,389
    Superuser
    Hi @Rupr

Let’s see what @VikramK has to say tomorrow. Look back then.

Doug
    Hi @Rupr

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • RuprRupr Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    It works now. Thank you for updating my account for your back side.
  • fizzyLfizzyL Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited September 28
    I am also missing Lifetime updates for my Tomtom Go 5200 device. I went to update the maps today and it says "Your Tomtom Go 5200 is up to date!". (from the devices "Updates & new items" screen when connected to WIFI).

However, I can see from the System -> About screen the last updates are as follows:
    - Application version 16.400.0076.411 (0) (17/09/2016)
    - Installed maps 'Europe' v975.7679 (Released 07/2016)
    Please advise on how I can update.

I'm trying to update for my parents, and am using the original account they logged in with (same email as the fizzyL account I'm posting this comment from).

I have also tried the soft reset approach two times - but the result is the same.

@VikramK @lampard
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,752
    Superusers
    Hi
    @fizzyL
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus, Social Distancing and people working from home, are probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • inputs2hveinputs2hve Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    I am missing the possibility to download new(er) maps for my START 62 with lifetime maps via MyDrive Connect.
    Actual version of my Europe-45 + map is 10.30(released in 2019).
    Can anyone help to fix the problem?

Thx, Hans
    @fizzyL

In your case, some further investigation is needed as the Navkit/firmware is not the lastest version for your TomTom. Please get in touch with our customer service to report the issue.

@inputs2hve

Regards, Vikram :)
  • inputs2hveinputs2hve Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    @VikramK

Thanks for your quick answer and help.
    The lifetime updates are now enabled, so I could download and install the new map version 10.55.

Regards,
    Hans :)
  • KrystynaKrystyna Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    @VikramK
    Please fix my life time service. I lost maps on my device after updating. I cannot access any maps in MyDrive Connect. Resetting doesn't help.
    @Krystyna

Done!
  • Mr_jamiMr_jami Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    @VikramK
    Hi, I have the same problem like @Krystyna can you help my?
    Hi @Mr_jami

I have asked my team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram