Missing Lifetime Map Update services- Activate please! - Page 6 — TomTom Community

Missing Lifetime Map Update services- Activate please!

Comments

• cbm12849cbm12849 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @cfaacfea

Welcome to the Community! If you go to Settings>> Maps >> Add a map on the device while connected to WiFi and see other maps are offered?

Regards, lampard

Lampard, can you help me?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,907 Moderator
    Hi @cbm12849

Welcome to the Community! Please follow the steps mentioned by xwintech in the post here, should resolve your issue.

Regards, lampard
  • cfaacfeacfaacfea Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    cfaacfea wrote: »
    Hi @lampard

Thanks for your reply. I see several other maps there, including the "Europe" one. There's an option to download the Europe map as well, which seems odd as it's already installed and there's insufficient space to do so.

It's probably possible to remove the current map if I install a smaller map first, then remove the Europe one and reinstall it, but this seems counter intuitive just to update something, so I didn't try it yet.

I had a rather extensive reply which somehow disappeared completely after I edited it twice to correct some spelling mistakes, so I keep it short this time:

- Tried downloading some of the other maps via {Settings >> Maps >> Add a map}, but this results in a "something went wrong" type of error.
    - {Setting >> Updates} will not show the v1050 update, only some (free?) ones like POI: Charging Stations
    - Factory reset did not solve anything.

What to do next?
  • manpaxmanpax Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited August 15
    Hello, I have a Tomtom Go 6200 from a year ago and no maps appear to update. It doesn't even give me the option to add maps. Nothing.I beg help. I have tried to reset it and it remains the same. "Your tomtom is up to date", but it has the map from a year ago.
    Serial number ZA12........ (0)
    Thanks.
    Bregards.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,389
    Superuser
    Hi @manpax

Could you please open your post and click on the Gearwheel top right, Tap edit and remove the serial number. The mods will do this when they see it as if your unit is associated with your account it is not necessary to include it here.

In the meantime hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up on Monday and sort out the Settings for your unit on the TT servers if there is an issue which should then enable the updating and availability of all the other maps.

One tip I would give you is always have a minimum of 2 maps on the unit so that should you have an issue during the updating of your main map and lose it the second map will ensure your unit will work normally. I suggest that when available you look for the Iceland map which is very small and add it so that it is lying there tuckering away on the units internal memory.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,752
    Superusers
    Hi
    @manpax

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB....

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on Your WI-FI name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wi-Fi) devices connected over Wi-Fi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if MyDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps

Connecting hard-wired over USB is normally more reliable than any Over The Air Connections
    Updating your new device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here..... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12428
    Install and Run MyDrive Connect
    There's no need to login to MyDrive Connect... See Note... (1)
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    The Update will hopefully complete

If you're using a Laptop it would be also more advisable to use a hard-wire connection back from the Laptop to the Router....

Note... (1) MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wi-Fi" etc....

27bxc59f2s23.png
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wi-Fi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC Taskbar... The NAV(5 Wi-Fi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thank you for your answers @DougLap , @YamFazMan
    Unfortunately I'm still the same.
    I don't see a map to update and I don't have a map to change.
    I hope @VikramK , @lampard hat they will answer me soon and solve the problem.
    Thank you.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,454 Moderator
    Hi @manpax

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK .
    I just sent you a private message.
    A cordial greeting.
  • Darius70Darius70 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    New device Tomtom Start 20. No new maps update.
    Hi @Darius70

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • cfaacfeacfaacfea Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard

Thanks for your reply. I see several other maps there, including the "Europe" one. There's an option to download the Europe map as well, which seems odd as it's already installed and there's insufficient space to do so.

It's probably possible to remove the current map if I install a smaller map first, then remove the Europe one and reinstall it, but this seems counter intuitive just to update something, so I didn't try it yet.

I had a rather extensive reply which somehow disappeared completely after I edited it twice to correct some spelling mistakes, so I keep it short this time:

- Tried downloading some of the other maps via {Settings >> Maps >> Add a map}, but this results in a "something went wrong" type of error.
    - {Setting >> Updates} will not show the v1050 update, only some (free?) ones like POI: Charging Stations
    - Factory reset did not solve anything.

What to do next?

Hi @VikramK

While I'm still not sure if this is the exact issue in my case, perhaps you can check the services for my TomTom? It will not (offer to) update the map; see my previous post for details.

edited August 19
    Hi @cfaacfea
    This one seems like strange behavior. I don't see any issues with the map updates services for the devices.
    I would suggest that you contact customer service and report the issue. They should be able to investigate this further.

Regards, Vikram
  • PerotaPerota Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I can't update my Go600 with lifetime maps, mydrive connect won't let me update, it says subscription to maps has expired!.
    Superuser
    Hi @Perota

Hopefully @VikramK can check your Lifetime settings and sort if necessary.

Have you installed an extra memory card in the unit as the Maps have increased in size so much that for example the Full Europe map is now nearly 10gb and so will not fit on the internal memory.

Doug
    Thanks DougLap, I send my SN to @VikramK but I do not have an internal memory card installed, that may be the reason why it tells me that my map subscription is expired? If so, I suppose I would get a message from there is not enough space, in any case I will put a memory card. Thank you!
    Superuser
    Hi @Perota

You require a Micro SD class 10 memory card either 16gb or maximum 32gb. I suggest a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major maker.

When you insert it in the unit you will need to format it within the unit for maps.

If the Current update is too big then that is why nothing happens.

Doug
    Hi @Perota

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK !

Update successful! :) thank you!
  • goldfindergoldfinder Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi all,

my wife offered me a second hand Start 52 because she was unhappy with my old XLIQroutes, but unfortunately I was unable to update it.

On my first attempt, there was nothing to update on MyDrive Connect. After many attempts, it appeared for me to update and I did. But it went wrong and I lost the map there.

Now on my account, i dont have any maps ane can't do nothing on gps, because it only say that i don't have any map available.

I tried the soft reset but nothing...

Regards
    Hi @goldfinder

Regards, Vikram
  • goldfindergoldfinder Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi @VikramK !

thank you for the help, it's working fine now

Regards
  • Sjef1Sjef1 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited September 18
    I have a TomTom VIA 53 and lifetime map updates, which are registered in my account.

Attempts to update over WiFi were unsuccessful and now the device shows the message:
    "No card available", ... "Add a card"
    I can no longer do anything with it.

Lousy user experience.

How do I get that bitch working again?
    (I am using Linux and not Windows).

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)

• AlexandarSerbiaAlexandarSerbia Posts: 8 [New Seeker]
    Please iff someone could help me to solve the problem with maps missing after unsuccessful instalation on SD card.
    I have Tom Tom GO 6000 QQ, NAV4
    GO6000 MODEL 4FL60 , 4FL6.001.00 with maps Europe + France buildings ver. 966 from 2015.
    I was trying to install maps to sd card with buildings for all countries on SD card, but something went wrong and the process was unsuccessfull at the end and the messsage appeared that maps are not avalaible and to reinstall previous maps.
    But I already formated SD card where I was trying to install full maps, so now when I connect the device with MyDrive I do not have any option for the maps in the section My Content,MY MAPS:
    Please can you help me to reinstal maps I already had on the device Europe + France buildings ver. 966?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,752
    Superusers
    edited September 21
    Hi
    @AlexandarSerbia
    Welcome to the site....
    Tomtom FAQ "No Maps Found"
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-No-maps-available-MyDrive-Connect-

See Catch22....
    The early NAV4 devices like your GO 6000 have of 8GB on-board Memory the early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now 9GB +

@VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators can add a small Map to your Account on Monday to get you passed the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Also see Vikram's Post (Tomtom Moderator) ... Probably Case 2....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/tomtom-no-maps-found

Stay Safe... ATB YFM