Missing Lifetime Map Update services- Activate please! - Page 5 — TomTom Community

Missing Lifetime Map Update services- Activate please!

Comments

• BlackwaterkathBlackwaterkath Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thank you @DougLap . I eventually got there , I'm not sure which of the actions I took sorted it out , but I kept restarting the device and logging back onto My Drive and it seemed to work out. There was definitely a difference between what it did logged onto the App and what it showed me when logged in via the tom tom website.
    thank you
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,142
    Superuser
    Hi @Blackwaterkath

Glad you are sorted. Sorry but I won't be thinking of you at 3am. 😂😂

Doug
  • Jack_KingJack_King Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, my XL IQ was associated with a LifeTime Maps when purchased, yet it seems the map can no longer be updated. This is very annoying, any solutions?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,473
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Jack_King
    What are the first 2 Characters of the Serial Number ???

Stay Safe ATB YFM
    edited August 3
    @YamFazMan

Hi, thanks, it is GV
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Jack_King
    What are the first 2 Characters of the Serial Number ???

Stay Safe ATB YFM

It is GV, any suggestions?
  • RS991RS991 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I am happy to inform you all that the maps have been activated for your TomTom. Please check for updates now...

Regards
    Vikram[/quote]

Hi dear TomTom community, I have a GO Live 1005 device with lifetime map updates but cannot find a recent update through MyDrive connect app. Could you please help me out. Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Stefan
    Superuser
    Hi @RS991

Hopefully @VikramK picks this up and responds to you . Look back later.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,251 Moderator
    @RS991
    Unfortunately, I don't see that thee device came with embedded lifetime maps.
    (Not all Nav3 devices had lifetime maps) it's difficult for me to make changes on your account without knowing the background.

Try getting in touch with our customer service, they might require some additional information before making changes.

Regards, Vikram
  • SamHarknessSamHarkness Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram,

My Start 42 has no map showing in my content. I am supposed to have Lifetime Maps, but only have 10.11 as the map on my system. Please could you fix as you have done for others, @VikramK ?

Thanks,

Sam
    VikramK wrote: »
    @RS991
    Unfortunately, I don't see that thee device came with embedded lifetime maps.
    (Not all Nav3 devices had lifetime maps) it's difficult for me to make changes on your account without knowing the background.

Try getting in touch with our customer service, they might require some additional information before making changes.

Regards, Vikram

Hi Vikram,
    Thanks you for responding so fast. Indeed not all GO Live 1005 models came with the lifetime maps, but my model with the serial number starting "ST" did.
    I'm happy to reach out to them but I only found a PR contact email, therefore I posted here on this forum.

Thank you and PM me if you need more specific information to verify, I guess the information should be available in the backend.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
    Regards,

Stefan
    DougLap wrote: »

Hi @DougLap

Thank you for trying helping me out, unfortunately the link redirects me to the homepage of this discussion board. Maybe during business hours the live chat function will work. Nonetheless, thank you.

Regards,
    Stefan

Superuser
    Hi @RS991

Try another Web Browser. I use Chrome, safari and Firefox and seems ok. Which one are you using.

Doug
    Hi @RS991

Try another Web Browser. I use Chrome, safari and Firefox and seems ok. Which one are you using.

Doug
    Hi DougLap,

Thanks, been on Safari, tried Chrome and Firefox as well, same result with the redirection.

Regards,
    Stefan

Superuser
    Hi @RS991

Go to the Main Tomtom webpage
    Tap on Products at top
    Tap on Support at top
    Type Connect My Drive in Search
    Do you see NAVIGATION DEVICE NOT CONNECTING TO COMPUTER (MYDRIVE CONNECT) if so select

Doug
    Hi @RS991

Go to the Main Tomtom webpage
    Tap on Products at top
    Tap on Support at top
    Type Connect My Drive in Search
    Do you see NAVIGATION DEVICE NOT CONNECTING TO COMPUTER (MYDRIVE CONNECT) if so select

Doug

Thanks @DougLap, this brings me to the site where I can chat with a Bot which obviously cannot solve my problem. So please if you could forward this to a "real" support or if someone could PM me. The device details are seen in the background so the support should have enough information. Thank you.

Regards,
    Stefan
    Superuser
    Hi @RS991

Try

Click on Contact Us under the heading Support at the bottom of this page.
    Sign in Top Right
    Tap Red Contact Us bottom right
    Type Help in the next red box that comes up and hit return
    Help box appears with lots of suggestions. Ignore them and Tap Contact us at bottom of the box
    This brings up a Chat/Email option
    Try tapping Chat if you are lucky you may get connected to Chat if not try again later.

Doug
    Hi @RS991

Try

Click on Contact Us under the heading Support at the bottom of this page.
    Sign in Top Right
    Tap Red Contact Us bottom right
    Type Help in the next red box that comes up and hit return
    Help box appears with lots of suggestions. Ignore them and Tap Contact us at bottom of the box
    This brings up a Chat/Email option
    Try tapping Chat if you are lucky you may get connected to Chat if not try again later.

Doug

Thank you @DougLap for your patience. Managed to send an email.

Regards,
    Stefan

Superuser
    Hi @RS991

👍

Doug
  • cfaacfeacfaacfea Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a TomTom VIA 53 which reports being up to date and therefore not giving me the option to update the outdated v1040 Europe map to v1050. Did a reset, but that didn't help. Is it still possible to have this fixed by someone in this thread?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,841 Moderator
    Hi @cfaacfea

Welcome to the Community! If you go to Settings>> Maps >> Add a map on the device while connected to WiFi and see other maps are offered?

Regards, lampard
  • cbm12849cbm12849 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Help. I have spent 2.5 hours on chat to Agnes. I wanted a map update as a major road, the A14 was missing. She told me I have no map on my device, (how could I had used it yesterday but I went with it) I showed her my receipt, then she loaded the maps onto mydrive for me, I updated my map and now the device says no map installed!!!! And I can get no further on my device than an OK button that loops round to the same notification. She got me to soft reset the device which took an age but I still have the same problem!

I am unable to do a hard reset from the device as I get no menu option. My drive says the map is installed.... I'm at a loss! HELP!!!!!!
  • cfaacfeacfaacfea Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard

Thanks for your reply. I see several other maps there, including the "Europe" one. There's an option to download the Europe map as well, which seems odd as it's already installed and there's insufficient space to do so.

It's probably possible to remove the current map if I install a smaller map first, then remove the Europe one and reinstall it, but this seems counter intuitive just to update something, so I didn't try it yet.
  • cbm12849cbm12849 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    edited August 11
    Mistake