TOMTOM GO 6 NEW DOES NOT WORK !!! HOW SHOULD I DO IT? — TomTom Community

TOMTOM GO 6 NEW DOES NOT WORK !!! HOW SHOULD I DO IT?

When I connect the Navigator to the pc (mac) it does not update anything and the screen that appears to me is the one attached as if it was not possible to start anything !!!! it's NEW ... Can you help me solve it? Thank you

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,266
    Superusers
    edited July 2020
    Hi
    @GerryParedes
    When I connect the Navigator to the pc (mac) it does not update anything and the screen that appears is the one attached as if it was not possible to start anything !!!! It's NEW ... Can you help me solve it? Thank you
    t looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device.....
    When in Recovery Mode... The device MUST be capable showing as CONNECTED over a USB Cable for the Recovery process to complete....

Tomtom FAQ....
    Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    I think the device is at bullet-point (9)
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • GerryParedesGerryParedes Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    edited July 2020
    Thanks YamFazMan BUT I DID NOT SOLVE ANYTHING The problem persists and I am very nervous because I bought a navigator of an important brand and it is also expensive, so as not to have bad surprises ... Now that I should make a business trip in 2 days and have a unusable naviogatore sincerely makes me angry and not a little.
    ASKING FOR A CONTACT FROM TOMTOM TO IMMEDIATELY SOLVE THE PROBLEM, NOT WITH QUESTIONS OR WITH HYPOTHESES .... BUT A SERVICE CENTER THAT CONTACTS YOU AND SOLVES THE PROBLEM DOES NOT EXIST '' '' ?????
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,749
    Superuser
    Hi @GerryParedes

The GO Premium is designed to load all updates without the need to connect it to a PC/Mac by its direct connection to the Internet via the inbuilt Wifi connection. Here is a video showing how.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034265/updating-your-navigation-device-using-wi-fi/p1?new=1

You only need a PC/Mac if you do not have Wifi at your property , maybe for health reasons, or the Wifi is very slow. These situations you load the My Drive Connect software and then connect the GP Premium, whilst not in its Holder, and then use the menu system on the GP Premium to manage the Updating.

If when you press and hold the On/Off button for about 20 seconds plus until you hear a drumroll sound so you are unable to get back to the normal start screen then I suggest you return the unit under warrantee.

Doug
    edited July 2020
    Thanks DougLap BUT DO NOT ALLOW ME TO TURN IT ON EVEN IF I HOLD FOR 20 SECONDS THE ON OFF BUTTON I ALWAYS APPEAR THE PHOTO I HAVE ATTACHED !!!!!! AND I HAVE ALREADY FOLLOWED THE PROCEDURE IN THE VIDEO !!! THE CONNECTION I HAVE WI FI IS VERY FAST AND WITH OPTICAL FIBER !!!!!
    edited July 2020
    BUT THAT TOMTOM DOES NOT HAVE A "DIRECT" ASSISTANCE FOR ITS CUSTOMERS I FIND IT REALLY BAD !!!!
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Now I try

Mod edit: Posts machine translated (Italian)