No speed cameras, no updates — TomTom Community

No speed cameras, no updates

65Frank65Frank Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi everyone
I read several posts, but nothing about my TomTom GO520 that no longer receives speed camera updates and currently does not report speed cameras along the way.
The problem arose from the latest map update. I tried to restore the GO520 from the "system" menu, but nothing.
You can help me?
Many thanks

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,130
    Superuser
    Hi @Frank65

Hopefully @VikramK can check your account and also the logs on the TT servers and can suggest what you could try. Look back here Monday when he will be back on the forum..

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,230 Moderator
    Hi @65Frank

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to create jobs to reinstall the package of Speed Camera updates from your TomTom.

Just check for updates when the device is connected to a WiFi internet connection and the jobs will get processed automatically.

Once done just do a soft reset and test the device on a planned route.

Regards, Vikram
  • 65Frank65Frank Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Goodmorning everyone,
    I confirm that something was done because I had to reset the WI-FI password but, since monday, I don't see the speed camera updates that continues to not work.
    Is it normal? Speed camera updates are not available immediately? Have I to wait a few more days before they are available?
    Sorry for my bad english
    Many thanks
    Superuser
    edited July 15
    Hi @65Frank

If you go to the My Drive website and log into your account and all your My Places and any POI files and Routes you have added to the device are all listed there then I would do a full factory reset.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This will delete all your data but will not change the Operating Software or Map versions on the unit. You willl have to set it up as you first did when you bought it. All the MyPlaces etc will be restored to the device when it logs into your My Drive account.

If you then get the updates do them one at a time and at the end do the Soft Reset as shown in @VikramK 's post above . It is a good idea to do a soft reset after any updating.
    Doug
    Hi DougLap,
    I did what you told me, but the question is: are speed cameras already visible on my device? Can I test it on the road or do I have to wait for an update?
    Many thanks
    Superuser
    Hi @Frank65

Create a short route which goes past a Cameras. Don't Tap Drive if from where you are to the cameras is a fair distance as it will recalculate to include getting to the start..

Tap Menu
    Tap Current Route
    Tap Preview Route

You will now be able to watch what will happen when you get t the cameras.

By the way do you know that if you leave your GO520 on whilst you drive around with no planned route on it then it will pre advise you of cameras as you go along. For this to work best whenever you use the device you should select a computerised voice not a recorded one and set it to give verbal as well as sound warnings .

Doug
    Thanks for the quick answers Doug,
    but the device continues to show me, as before, the filling stations, the points of interest, the parking lots, the restaurants but not the speed cameras.
    I planned a route and followed your instructions as you suggested by crossing three speed cameras that were previously reported but now no longer.
    Other tips or tricks.
    Help me please
    Superuser
    edited July 15
    Hi @65Frank

If you
    Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Sounds and Warnings

Has Speed Cameras and Warnings been turned off . Its the setting just under the heading Warning and above Fixed Cameras.

Doug
    Hello Doug,
    speed camera sounds and warnings are set correctly however, despite not displaying any updates, usually indicated by a red dot, I went to settings and tapping "updates and new items" the device began to work as if it were an update and then he showed me the real speed camera update. Once the update is done I set a path where I know there are speed cameras that are finally shown. I will try it on the road soon but I am already sure it will work perfectly.
    I am happy ... thank you very much to you and Vikramk
    Good job!!! =)
    Superuser
    Hi @65Frank

Glad you are sorted. 🤞🤞😂

Doug