Best practice evaluation of 8RS00 use — TomTom Community

Best practice evaluation of 8RS00 use

fspadefspade Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
Hi, thanks for being here.
I got this sports watch, which I have been using for several years.
When I plug it into my computer, TomTom Sports Connect pops up, connects to Strava and stores my results in their data base. It seems to me that a while back it stopped reporting my heart rate.
1. Did Strava change their free support or is it more likely that the battery of my belt is empty again?

I remember that I had changed the battery a while back but didn't notice a change in Strava's services at that time. It’s possible that I didn't pay enough attention at that time.
2. I have had a look at the belt and can't remember how to open it in order to check the battery. Where can I find instructions on how to do that?

3. TomTom Sports Connect stores all data in a folder of my computer too. Is there any developed way I can use that data on my own?
Thanks in advance and keep healthy and happy,
Frank

Answers

• fspadefspade Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited July 2020
    In the meantime I was able to solved question one and two myself. I checked the stored csv file and found the column heartRate empty. I then applied some more force and was able to open the belt and change the battery.
    Leaves question 3:
    TomTom Sports Connect stores all data in a folder of my computer. Is there any developed way I can use that data on my own? Is there any application that would help me with that beside Excel?