Data transfer from GO600 to Premium X — TomTom Community

Data transfer from GO600 to Premium X

marchendmarchend Posts: 132 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
I have ordered a GO Premium X and was wondering how I transfer my saved routes in 'MyPlaces' on my GO600 to the Premium X.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,160
    Superuser
    Hi @marchend

Simples. When you set the new unit up input the same My Drive account as you have on your GO600. Whatever you have on the old one, ie Favourites (My Places) , 3rd Party POI files and any routes you have sent to the GO600 from My Drive will appear on the new one and vice versa. Any routes you have created and saved on the GO600 will not be copied across. For those you need to Export them from the GO600 and if you import them into My Drive then they will be synced. to both and stored there.

There is a catch though. You knew there would be. If for example you have both units set so that when they start up so they log into the same account then if your other half goes off on a trip somewhere say using the GO600 then if you are at home and you set a route on the GO Premium to John O Groats then the GO600 unit will change to the same destination whilst being used.. B)B) The same applies if you were to create a route in My Drive in the Phone App or on your PC and sent it to the Device it actually will be sent to both and if both on appear very quickly..

The solution is easy. You do not need the the GO Premium or the GO600 to be connected to My Drive except when you want to sync them to your account or are updating etc. When the units are in use the connection is not necessary. So when you have finished setting up and they are fully synced then go to Settings/MyDrive and select Stop Syncing. After that whenever you need to connect it to My Drive you go to Settings/My Drive and it will have remembered your Account and will just need the Password which of course will be the same on both units.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,484
    Superusers
    edited July 10
    Hi
    @marchend
    when you receive your GO Premium X login simply register the new device using the same Email & Password as your old device
    When you use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    The Favorites/Myplaces and saved Routes from the old device will auto sync between the two devices

BE AWARE... Multiple NAV4 or NAV5 devices using the same Email Address & Password....
    This configuration can give problems...
    Click Show....
    BE AWARE... Multiple NAV4 or NAV5 devices using the same Email Address & Password... This configuration can give problems if two or more devices are being used at the same time... For example....

Markos01 wrote: »
    (Snip) I have a Go 5000 and a Go 6000 – which my parents use – and both are on the same account. Just recently we were both using our devices simultaneously but heading in different directions, and we both had our routes automatically changed by each other's device which I wasn't expecting!
    What's the solution for this: do I have to take one device off the account and create a new account for it? Will it lose the speed camera subscription if I do this? (Snip)

Answer.... Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync a route file, log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with 8 devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the devices, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and five NAV5 (Wi-Fi) GO 520, 620, GO 6200, GO Premier & Rider 550 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • marchendmarchend Posts: 132 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thanks both 👍
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,160
    Superuser
    Hi @marchend

One tip when you get your new unit. It will come with the Main regional map for where you purchase it from so ie Europe or USA etc. When you have sorted it out then go to Setting/Maps/ Add a Map and find a small map , Venezuela or Iraq for example, both of which you are very small. Download one of them to the unit so it goes on the internal memory and leave it loaded there. Should you ever have an issue updating your main map and as a result lose it you will not find yourself in the No Maps Found situation. You will be able to run the unit normally because the small map is there and sort the issue with the main map out.

Doug
  • marchendmarchend Posts: 132 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thanks Doug.