My brand new TomTom GO Premium X says Traffic and Speed Camera updates are going to "Expire" soon — TomTom Community

My brand new TomTom GO Premium X says Traffic and Speed Camera updates are going to "Expire" soon

My go premium x has the same problem could u help ....

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    edited July 10
    Hi @Floyd180t

One for @VikramK to look at for you . Look backer later.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    Hi @Floyd180t

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your GO PREMIUM. Please do a soft reset and check again :)

Regards
    Vikram
  • CharlesCheshireCharlesCheshire Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the same problem with a new Go Premium X
    I recently purchased a new Premium X on line directly from TomTom Amsterdam, as a replacement for a Go 920 which is no longer supported by TomTom. I chose the Premium X because it boasted ‘Lifetime Traffic, Camera Updates and Services”.
    Having correctly installed the unit, firstly through Wi-Fi and then iPhone and the MyDrive app as directed, despite following all the help videos and initiating two Factory Resets, it continuously fails to connect to traffic through the built in SIM and the error messages say that Cameras expire on 30/07/20 and need a subscription to renew.
    I have tried calling TomTom’s Customer Service, to be told that they “no longer take phone calls” referring me back to the help pages; attempts to make contact by ‘Chat’ end with a message saying that chat is very busy and referring me back to the help pages, emails have remained unanswered for over a week and attempts to send messages through MyDrive say “Something went wrong. Please try later” The on line version of the account requests subscription for these services.
    It seems totally impossible to get through to TomTom at all to get a resolution to these issues and apart from being extraordinarily frustrating and disappointing , so far it’s been a total waste of a great deal of time and money.
    I wonder if Vikram, moderator can help in sorting this out? I purchased the Premium X specifically for a long journey next week to attend a funeral and am becoming more frustrated with this unit by the day
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @CharlesCheshire

We may have missed @VikramK today but I expect he will pick this up tomorrow. Keep an eye out, tomorrow if necessary, when he will have looked at your account settings and sorted if necessary.

Doug
  • CharlesCheshireCharlesCheshire Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you Doug. Fingers crossed!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    Hi @CharlesCheshire

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram