voices and language — TomTom Community

voices and language

Hello I just purchased another GO 5200. is there a way to get a male computer voice. I would also like to know if it is possible to get afrikaans and/or hebrew directions

Best Answers

Answers

• baron6abaron6a Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Great thanks!! worked a treat. BTW can you also disable charging point update as I dont require it Please?
    Any other cool tweaks you can do?
    Is there a way to make it warn of traffic ahead on the road you're on when not in guidance?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @baron6a

Regarding the Electric charging Points if you go into Settings /Appearance / Show Poi's you can scroll to Charging Stations click on it and select Hide so they don't appear on the map.

If you want to stop getting the updates then you need to contact Customer Support to ask them to remove it from your account. There are no Phone lines during the Curren tcrisis so you need to try using the following.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services/p1

Regarding warning of Traffic ahead when no route set I am afraid that is not possible but if you leave th device running it will warn you of Cameras. For this it is best to use a Computer voice and select Sound/ Visual /Verbal and then you can be warned of the cameras and what type they are.

If you zoom the map out you will be able to see any traffic issues on the screen but you will not get any warning.

Doug