Map update does not work — TomTom Community

Map update does not work

AirbusfanAirbusfan Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I just purchased a TomTom Go Essential and would like to updat my Europe-map (free lifetime map update)
It fails even if I try it several times
I would need some help.

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Airbusfan

Looks like your account needs sorting and hopefully @VikramK will pick this up and sort it for you. Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
  • AirbusfanAirbusfan Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Doug, thank you for your answer.
    Hope I don't have to wait too long, because I urgently need the newest maps.
    [email protected]

Thanks for having activated my myp updates.
    I tried to update (via USB) but after about 42% the message "no connection to the Internet" appeared and I had to restart the download (meanwhile 3 times)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    Hi @Airbusfan

Can you check you PC's settings. You may have to stop the PC turning the USB sockets Off after a period. Have a look at the following.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1688737/#Comment_1688737

Doug
    [email protected]

checked my PC's settings. Meanwhile download reached 91 % before Internet disconnected and update stopped. I'll try it several times more and hope it will work soon. I have no idea why the connection always stops before 100% download.
  • tlillastlillas Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have the same exact problem with MyDrive Connect. For three days now your servers have been busy and no download at all begins. :anguished: When will your systems be back online again?