Rider 400 factory menu order — TomTom Community

Rider 400 factory menu order

silverfox91silverfox91 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi , my first post so please bear with me!b
I have a rider 410 & my buddy has a rider400 with a white screen that still tries to audibly navigate . He needs to try a full factory reset but cannot get to settings as cannot see screen.
I intend to boot up both riders side by side and blind prod his blank screen in the position that corresponds with mine, but I've re ordered my menu fiiles. If I recall correctly settings was somewhere near the last file. (Not 2nd as on my 410 now))
Would anyone be kind enough to give me the factory order that the files appear e.g.
Search
My routes
Current route
Ride home
Etc etc.
We're clutching at straws here before the 400 becomes an expensive side stand puck!
Any help appreciated.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,002
    Superuser
    edited July 6
    Maybe a try for your friend.
    Drumreset:
    When the device is on, hold the powerbutton about 20second til the device restarts with the drumsound. If he has inserted a Memory card remove it bevore you do the Drumreset.

If that doesnt help you can try a recovery mode:

When you see the white text press the ON button three times within one second
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,062
    Superusers
    Hi
    @silverfox91
    Welcome to the site....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) -->
    stj715qd36pp.jpg
    Swipe to the Left --> Tap Setting -->
    mn52xpvj31ii.jpg
    Swipe to the Left --> Tap System -->
    sa207zxt8yt8.jpg
    Tap Reset Device....
    p1ohcizkk8we.jpg
    Tap Reset....
    q5sqd33al9v1.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • silverfox91silverfox91 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your suggestions and welcomes. As we cannot see anything but a white screen on his Tomtom we were trying to get tongue reset by feel. I think we achieved this blindly, but still just a white screen. We'd already tried the soft 20 sec reset. My guess is that the graphic card circuitry is faulty. .Ive suggested he tries to contact a tomtom co. Techy Oh humm.
    Thanks for your help.
    N
  • silverfox91silverfox91 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Ha ha should have read "to reset". No no definitely no tongues!