Where can I find the latest maps for the XA-NV400? — TomTom Community

Where can I find the latest maps for the XA-NV400?

aarpcardaarpcard Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello,

I have the TomTom XA-NV400 which plugs into my Sony XAV-AX100 head unit. The TomTom XA-NV400 has a removable SD card that I can use to upgrade the maps. I can't find where the latest maps for this unit are hosted (specifically the United States map).

The closest I could find was this help topic, linking to the latest Western Europe maps.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013898260-Downloading-and-installing-a-map-on-Sony-XAV

Where are the latest maps for this device hosted?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,699
    Superuser
    edited July 2020
    Hi @aarpcard

Have you tried clicking on the Red Contact us button bottom right of the webpage and trying the chat facility to answer your question.

This may help get know what to do.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services

Doug
  • aarpcardaarpcard Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited August 2020
    Yes. I was strung along for nearly two months to only be given a generic response that TOMTOM can't help with my inquiry. Epitome of horrid customer service/product support.

What's the point of buying a TOMTOM product with an advertised product feature being upgradable maps, if there are no maps available to download or purchase?

I don't even know if there are maps available or not because they didn't confirm nor deny their existence - seems TOMTOM is clueless about their own product! What am I supposed to do if my current maps gets deleted? Where do I download a backup from?

Told me to contact my dealer. I didn't buy this from a dealer. I bought it from a big box store and installed it myself. What more would a dealer even be able to do - TOMTOM develops the maps; not the "dealers."

Gia (TomTom)

12 Aug 2020, 20:26 CEST
    Dear TomTom Customer,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Care. My name is Gia and I will be assisting you today.

Unfortunately, the issues you have described are beyond the support of TomTom Customer Care. For this reason we kindly request that you speak to your dealer who can advise you further on resolving the issue.

For the dealer’s reference, please provide the TomTom incident number (925965) and if possible a printed copy of the email communication you have had with our support team. This will assist the dealer in finding the right resolution for you.

I wish you a nice day and if you have further questions, you are welcome to contact me or one of my colleagues - we are happy to help!

With kind regards,
    Gia
    TomTom Customer Care Team

Tyler Gabriel

4 Aug 2020, 15:08 CEST
    Hello,

The Serial Number as listed in the About screen is as follows:

-Tyler Gabriel

Jasbir N. (TomTom)

3 Aug 2020, 10:31 CEST
    Dear Tyler,

The reference number for your query is 925965.

We apologize for the delay in the response due to the high volume of emails and chats.

Thank you for providing us the information, we request you to provide the Device ID/ serial number as well in 'About' option if possible so we can proceed.

Waiting for your response.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reply to my email. I’ll be happy to help you further.

With Kind Regards

Jasbir N.
    The TomTom Customer Care Team

Tyler Gabriel

21 Jul 2020, 23:26 CEST

Hello,

On the "About" screen this is the info listed:

-Application Version: 2451471
    -Map Name: USA Canada
    -Map Version: 975.7769
    -NavKit Version: 15.43.0.16

Thanks!

-Tyler Gabriel

Jasbir N. (TomTom)

21 Jul 2020, 21:27 CEST
    Dear Tyler,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. My name is Jasbir and I will be glad to assist you.

The reference number for your query is 925965.

A recent change in our applications and the maintenance work involved have resulted in a delay getting back to you. Our apologies for this delay and we appreciate your patience. I'll certainly do my best to help answer your question/s.

As per your query, we would like to know the map and software version installed on the navigation system.

Please follow the path mentioned below-

Open the main menu of the navigation system > Settings > About.

Awaiting for your response.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reply to my email. I’ll be happy to help you further.

With Kind Regards

Jasbir N.
    The TomTom Customer Care Team

Tyler Gabriel

6 Jul 2020, 16:26 CEST

Hello,

I have the TomTom XA-NV400 which plugs into my Sony XAV-AX100 head unit. The TomTom XA-NV400 has a removable SD card that I can use to upgrade the maps. I can't find where the latest maps for this unit are hosted (specifically the United States map).

The closest I could find was this help topic, linking to the latest Western Europe maps.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013898260-Downloading-and-installing-a-map-on-Sony-XAV

Where are the latest maps for this device hosted?

Thanks in advance!

Submitted from: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb
    This email is a service from TomTom. Delivered by Zendesk | Privacy Poli