Included lifetime subscription expires after week. — TomTom Community

Included lifetime subscription expires after week.

Hi

I have just purchased a Tomtom GO Premium X directly from Tomtom. The device should include lifetime traffic and safety cameras via built in sim, however when I go into subscriptions on the device it shows they expire next week. Is this expected?

I have tried resetting the device as shown in this video and i have tried deleting and re-downloading all maps and other data using USB to computer.

Many thanks

Lionel

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,889
    Superuser
    Hi @LionelS

Hopefully @VikramK will pick this up tomorrow and sort your account out.

Look back tomorrow.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,726 Moderator
    Hi @LionelS

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • Rob_wheatonRob_wheaton Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    I have just purchased a rider 500 the lifetime traffic and speed camera subscription ends 5/8/20 can you update this please
    Superuser
    Hi @Rob_wheaton

See answer posted to the same question you asked elsewhere.

Doug
  • Richard22Richard22 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a similar issue. My Rider 500 says it comes with lifetime traffic but it doesn't work and the about screen says the subscription expired on 19/05/21. Can you help?
    Superuser
    Hi @Richard22

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up on Monday and check your units settings on the TT servers. Look back then to see what they have to say.

Doug
    Hi @Richard22
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • Richard22Richard22 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Vikram. Problem Solved!
  • RFMRFM Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, i bought a tom tom 25 with card for europe and a life time update by the community.. It seems that my card for europe is "expired" and that i heve no more card for france,, belgium ands... This was not the original deal...
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,088
    Superusers
    Hi
    @RFM
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi @RFM
    Welcome to the community!
    I reviewed the device information in the background, and I don't see the device was factory embedded with lifetime maps.

If you are referring to community update that those should be the mapshare updates. These should still be offered in MyDrive Connect.
    Quarterly map updates are different compared to mapshare updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • OlivérSándorOlivérSándor Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    I bought the device today. Your device should provide TomTom traffic for one year. unfortunately this is not the case. he only gave it for a month. please help is this package really this device provides lifelong traffic service? thanks for the help.
    Superuser
    Hi @OlivérSándor

See my post against your post in the same topic.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,088
    Superusers
    Hi
    @OlivérSándor
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, Social Distancing and people working from home, have delayed the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Cathy1453Cathy1453 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I bought a 2nd hand TomTOm Go Professional 6200. The seller says it included life time maps and traffic. I definitely have life time maps but the device now says the traffic subscription has expired. The device says I should 'purchase a subscription to reactivate traffic information updates', but I cannot see a way to do this on My drive.

Any advice please?
    Superuser
    Hi @Cathy1453

If the unit is a GO 6200 they are sold with "Lifetime " maps but Traffic and Camera services are subject to subscription after the units initial 1 years life. I think the following is whats required.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/live-services/world/

You can try contacting Customer Support via Chat tomorrow and sort it out with them.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and at the bottom is a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug