Cannot update European map on TomTom GO

TanyaD
TanyaD Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Hi, I have the same issue as many other users in this forum seem to have experienced.
I recently purchased a brand new TomTom Truck Sat Nav GO Professional 6250 WiFi version, with unlimited lifetime maps. On installation it will not update the maps - in the settings window it says that the current version is Europe Truck v1030.9532 from "04/2019", but it also says that maps are "Up to date". I have read in other threads that this is possibly as a result of issues related to the current pandemic and accounts and devices not being properly activated?

I have attempted soft reset, a full reset of the device, and a usb connection - no update is offered after any of these attempts.

I hope that someone here can help, as I have seen this same issue resolved for others here.
Thank you for your time.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,822
    Superuser
    Hi @TanyaD

Look back here tomorrow when hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will have been able to sort your account out.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    Hi
    @TanyaD
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Corona Virus, Social Distancing and people working from home, is delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Accounts/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,719
    Hi @TanyaD

Welcome to the community!

The services have been activated for your GO PROFESSIONAL 6250. Please check for map updates now.

Thanks, Vikram
This discussion has been closed.