Conection to network — TomTom Community

Conection to network

wolfigoswolfigos Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello,
I have a TomTom Trucker 6000 after last update it show that GPRS status is disconnected. And i can not use speedcamera an life traffic function. Before that all worket.

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,599
    Superuser
    Hi @wolfigos

Try to do a Soft Reset of your device. I do it after each update.
    The aim, force the complet restart of the navcore of your device and properly integrate the latest changes. You will not lose anything.

- With your device Not connected to the PC and switch on with the battery full:
    Soft Reset ==> press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

- Check in your Trucker 6000 if you are well "Log in" with MyDrive. This is essential for services. Sometimes, rarely, I have to retype my password.
    in your device ==> Main Menu (4Dots....) / TomTom Services / MyDrive ==> if there is no "Activated" ==> enter your email and password / "Log in".

- Redo a Soft Reset.

Apparently the Trucker 6000 does not have lifetime for speedcameras and traffic, only one year. Unless you have an edition with a special offer. Maybe you have to renew your subscription. To check also.
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/truck-sat-nav/products/trucker-6000/

If you need to contact TomTom customer service, look at here how to do:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services

Regards.
  • wolfigoswolfigos Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks.
    I did like you sad. but nothing is chenget. Then i write email and password it write can not connect to services try again later.
    This sat nav did not have any wifi or GPRS conection it is 4 yers old.
    Is it posible to restore to old software version?
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,599
    Superuser
    @wolfigos

When you say "software" I don't know if you mean the internal software of the device (NavCore) or the map or MyDrive Connect.

TomTom professional truck devices have had some problems in the past with GPRS and updates, I don't know the solution, I am an user like you.

I could tell you to do a "Factory Reset" but this will erase all your "Places" and personalization but not the NavCore or the map ... and that has not always solved the GPRS problem for Truck devices... I prefer not to give you bad advice. Sorry :disappointed:

I think it's better to contact TomTom customer service to sort your customer account and see what can be done for your device.

Regards.