trying update tomtom desktop says error opening file for writing my drive connect\vc _redist.X86.exe — TomTom Community

trying update tomtom desktop says error opening file for writing my drive connect\vc _redist.X86.exe

Speedygonzales_9Speedygonzales_9 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
hello to you all
my first on here
Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    edited July 1
    Hi @Speedygonzales_9

Welcome to the user forum.

Apparently you have a problem with the installation of the Visual C ++ module integrated for the operation of MyDrive Connect (MDC).

With your device Not connected to the PC, "Restart" your PC and use a PC user account with "Administrator Rights".

First do a clean installation of MDC:
    - Uninstall MDC, accept the removal of downloads in the popup window.
    - "Restart" your PC (Not Shut down or Sleep)
    - Download and install the last version MDC 4.2.8.4052, take it here:
    - On this page, at the bottom, the green button "Download for Windows":
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
    - In the popup window, keep ticked at least "Download updates on my computer (recommended)" this is essential, the two other choices are optional, personally I untick both.

If the problem persists. Close and Exit MDC.
    - Close the MDC window then Right-click on the MDC icon in the taskbar next to the clock, if necessary click on the symbol ^ to find the MDC icon, choose "Quit".
    mk0t9t5541q1.png
    - Go with your Windows File Explorer here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MyDrive Connect\vcredist
    - Double left click on the file:
    VC_redist.x86.exe
    - In the popup window check the box "I agree the license therms and conditions" and follow the instructions it's easy.
    - Open MDC.

if it still doesn't work, post it on the forum. Specify the OS of your PC and its version (W10 /W8 or 8.1/ W7 with or without SP1/ Vista/ XP) We will try something else.

Regards.