my tomtom go 620 has crashed — TomTom Community

my tomtom go 620 has crashed

my tomtom go620 has crashed, it comes up with connect to computer, when connected to computer it says its repairing but when its done that it tries to restart unit but it does the same again and goes straight back to repairing and just keeps doing the same time and time again. any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,771 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited July 1
    Hi
    @skyline895
    Are you attempting to repair/recover your device over Wi-FI ???

In my experience, anyone trying to activate Repair/Recovery Mode... Without a fully active connection Via a USB Cable & MyDrive Connect could have real problems....

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

Contact Tomtom Support they may be able to cancel Recovery Mode on the back-end servers ???
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended....
    Tomtom Direct Email & Chat Links by Country....
    Click on required Countries Email or Chat Link....
    Here...https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1711834#Comment_1711834/p1

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • skyline895skyline895 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    thanks for your help.

but i am connecting to pc via usb cable but it wont repair, i use yu my tomtom on a daily basis for work as im a lorry driver. so being without is causing problems. any other ideas? have emailed tomtom but no response as of yet??