Start 25 buggy — TomTom Community

Start 25 buggy

HbcdestroyerHbcdestroyer Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi

Just updated my start 25 and now it randomly acts like it is being pressed and scrolls through menus etc, so annoying! I have done the drum roll reset and restore through my connect and still the same issue. Any ideas?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,771 [Elite Vanguard]
    Hi
    @Hbcdestroyer
    Welcome to the site...
    Thoroughly clean the screen especially around and under the bezel, a piece of thin stiff card is good to remove grunge from under the bezel...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • HbcdestroyerHbcdestroyer Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the tip. I tried this with no success even though the screen is already clean, I'm thinking software bug as this only started after update, can I rollback device?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,771 [Elite Vanguard]
    Hi
    @Hbcdestroyer
    Tomtom FAQ Video...

Recovery mode... Usually rolls the NavKit Back to the previous version
    Warning... I would not use Recovery Mode on just a whim... In my experience, anyone trying to activate Recovery Mode... Without a fully active connection Via a USB Cable & MyDrive Connect could have real problems....

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

ATB YFM
  • HbcdestroyerHbcdestroyer Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Yamfazman, tried the recovery option and still the same issue. :'(