Unable to Reinstall Map after failed Update — TomTom Community

Unable to Reinstall Map after failed Update

KDS-22KDS-22 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
edited June 29 in Map installation
Noticed my map was years old and not updating. Tried re-installation via My Drive Connect with failure. The device shows 'No maps Available' and My Drive Connect displays 'Your device is up-to-date'. My drive connect show no map at all to select. GO 5000 stuck in loop on No Map available error with no access to main menu.

Tried soft reset, Factory reset (after boot white page) with no luck. 8GB device with 32GB Sandisk SD card.
Just fed up troubleshooting. Please can I have any help. Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• KDS-22KDS-22 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for the help and it worked straight away. It's good to see such prompt efficient support system.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,772 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @KDS-22

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will see this and add a small map to your account and ensure your main map will also be available to install...

Then using the advice in the following video you can then add the small map to your unit. The benefit is that if you then leave the small map on the unit on its internal memory you can avoid the No Map Found situation. The reason is if you are updating your main map and there is a problem you can lose the map but with the small map on the unit as well you can still run the unit as normal and sort the problem out.

Once you have added the small map then you should be able to reinstall your main map using My Drive Connect as normal..

Doug
    edited June 30
    Thanks for your response DougLap. I am new to this forum. My accounts is [email protected] Please advice how to contact @VikramK or @lampard and the procedure to get this small map added to my account. Thanks.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
    Here is a screenshot of MyDrive Connect showing no maps to select for this device:

5mmalbm32uyo.png
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,512 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @KDS-22

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services on your account. Please check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for the help and it worked straight away. It's good to see such prompt efficient support system.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,772 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @KDS-22

Glad your sorted.

Doug
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0