Wrong Voice Direction — TomTom Community

Wrong Voice Direction

Hi. Just updated to Go Supreme and took it for a test drive. Twice the route on the map correctly showed a left turn but on both occasions the voice said turn right. How do I deal with this. I’m about to go to a first time destination and the last thing I need is to be double checking the voice direction. All maps etc had previously been updated. Thanks for your help. I should add that all other voice directions were correct.
Tagged:

Comments

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 11,592 Superuser
    edited June 28
    Can you announce where that is exactly, maybe we can check it on our devices.
    Maybe coordinate or something?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,774 [Elite Vanguard]
    Hi
    @andym2712
    Just a thought... Here in the UK we drive on the left as you in do in Australia
    Maybe what you are hearing is the same Tomtom quirkiness as here in the UK ???
    In the UK, on Motorways, my Tomtom devices constantly tell me to 'Keep Right'....
    But in reality it doesn't mean stay in the Right Lane... Its Tomtom speak, for don't turn left at the Motorway exit slip-road you're just about to pass

ATB YFM
  • andym2712andym2712 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    In both cases the direction line on the map showed left turns. In both cases (Australian) Karen told me to turn right.
    I was driving in Canberra travelling east on Pialligo Ave, turning left into Fairbairn Avenue. And on the return trip on Majura Road southbound, turning left onto Fairbairn Avenue.
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 218 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited June 30
    I installed the Australian Map and the Karen Voice on my Go premium X here in the UK and in both of the above routes Karen instructed to turn left on the left turn. All voice directions for the route were correct :) (initially I was using the UK voice Serena and that worked correctly too)

Maybe a soft or factory reset might help, failing which, report to Customer Services for investigation?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,774 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited June 30
    Hi
    @andym2712
    Set up my Go Premium running a route demo... Canberra travelling east on Pialligo Ave, turning left into Fairbairn Avenue --> Like Lost_Soul the Driving Instructions are correct
    Next... Majura Road southbound, turning left onto Fairbairn Avenue --> The same... Driving Instructions correct

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • andym2712andym2712 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you Lost_Soul. I’ve since completed a 460km trip through Sydney to (our own) Newcastle. There were no conflicting directions. If there are no problems on the return trip, I may test the system once more on those two left turns. If there’s a repeat I’ll do the reset. If it turns out I need customer support, is there an email address? I’ve been unable to find one. Thanks again for your assistance
    Andrew
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 218 [Exalted Navigator]
    @andym2712

Since Covid-19 - The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    See................. https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1711834#Comment_1711834/p1