Lifetime Traffic and Speed Cameras on New GO Premium Are Showing They Are Due To Expire — TomTom Community

Lifetime Traffic and Speed Cameras on New GO Premium Are Showing They Are Due To Expire

ajukajuk Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
Just purchased Go Premium. The advert said it came with lifetime traffic and speed cameras. Mine did not. The "traffic" said subscription was about to expire and needed be purchased. So I had to go through with the purchase otherwise I would have lost this feature. I notice that the speed cameras is also due to expire in a years time. Surely this can not be right. The advert on TomTom web site clearly said these features were included.

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,774 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited June 27
    Hi
    @ajuk
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Corona Virus, Social Distancing and people working from home, is probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Accounts/Devices....
    On Monday @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ajukajuk Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks I'll check it out on Monday to see what the moderators have to say and perhaps try phoning TomTom if necessary. I don't think I should have been made to pay for a subscription in order to continue the service. With so many road closures and heavy traffic where I live the satnav is not much use without traffic information. They should at least refund the money with an apology.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,623 Superuser
    @ajuk You no longer can phone TomTom but do not worry. The Go Premium does include lifetime traffic and speed cameras. You should not have to pay, it will be fixed.
    edited June 28
    Thanks big. I guess I'll have to hope they will sort it out and arrange a refund.
    There is a phone number on the purchase invoice which I shall try on Monday unless the moderators or someone else advises me they have it in hand.
    Having been conned into paying a subscription does little though to inspire confidence they will sort this out.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,772 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @ajuk

If you scan through this forum you will find others who have had the same issue as you. In many instances their problem has been fixed the same day as they raised it. The mods are on the forum Monday to Friday so you should be sorted tomorrow.

The phone lines have been suspended during the current situation with support via Chat or Email.

Doug
    edited June 28
    Hi
    @
    ajuk wrote: »
    Thanks big. I guess I'll have to hope they will sort it out and arrange a refund.
    There is a phone number on the purchase invoice which I shall try on Monday unless the moderators or someone else advises me they have it in hand. (Snip)
    The Moderators will be able sort out your Account status... Maps Speed can Live Services etc...

But you will need to Contact Tomtom Support for your refund....
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended....
    Tomtom Direct Email & Chat Links by Country....
    Click on required Countries Email or Chat Link....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1122389/customer-service-contact-details-during-covid-19-epidemic/p1

ATB YFM
    Hi
    @ajuk
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    (Snip) You will need to Contact Tomtom Support for your refund....
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended....
    Tomtom Direct Email & Chat Links by Country....
    Click on required Countries Email or Chat Link....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1122389/customer-service-contact-details-during-covid-19-epidemic/p1
    ATB YFM
    Hi
    Sorry but the above information is incorrect....
    The Support links refer to the previous Tomtom Support site and are not active
    The Latest Support site is undergoing maintenance and is only partially active....

Sorry Again.... ATB YFM
    Thank you both. I spent most of last night trying to find out how to send a message to TomTom so it is little wonder if this has been suspended because of Covid that I was unsuccessful. So it would appear that I have lost my money. Not happy and feel cheated.
    Hi @ujuk

You will not lose your money especially if the Mods sort your Traffic out etc they can refer the matter to customer support if you continue to have a problem contacting Customer support when they are open on Monday. Just wait for the mods .

Doug
    Thanks Doug. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    edited June 28
    Hi
    @ajuk
    You haven't been conned you will get your money refunded....
    Its just a simple mistake... When you hit the site, the COVID-19 restrictions plus the Support site only partially active and undergoing maintenance... There wasn't enough information available on the site for you to make an informed decision on how to proceed....
    As Doug says... You will not lose your money especially if the Mods sort your Traffic out etc they can refer the matter to customer support if you continue to have a problem contacting Customer support when they are open on Monday. Just wait for the mods....

Staty Safe... ATB YFM
    edited June 29
    I'll wait to see if the mods can resolve this.
    They will need my account name: [email protected]

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,512 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @ajuk

Welcome to the community!

The services for your device have been activated. Please do a soft reset and check again.

Regards
    Vikram
    Thank you Vikram that has got my services.

Can you advise on how I get my money refunded?
    Thanks Doug. I managed to actually get a Chat service, something Ive not been able to do in the past, and a request is being sent off to organise the refund.

It would have helped though if on the order page, after you have to apply the sat nav model, if it came back and said it was not required and some further explanation as to what to do next.

As an aside still have problems in signing in. Have to clear out all data etc from browser every time.
    edited June 29
    Hi @ajuk

Glad you got that to work and all being well it will be sorted soon which is what I expected would happen once we got through too the right people which in the current situation is not quite as easy as normal..

I appreciate that you have tried the Support route I asked you to try and that you have got it to work. I can now try to help others with the same information.

What browser are you using. If you are not using Firefox or Chrome then try those for a while until your normal one works okay. I was having a similar issue with Safari until the other day.

Doug
    I use Safari also. Did try Chrome and Firefox a little time ago but did not work for me then. I'll look into it again and maybe make one of them a default browser for the time being.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0