install updates maps — TomTom Community

install updates maps

JackBoelensJackBoelens Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited June 25 in Built in car navigation
I have a Alfa Mito with a Uconnect build-in Navigation. Last week I bougth an update for the Europe Maps (Tom Tom Home). After preparing (download old files to) a USB-stick I installed the update from my computer on that same USB stick and put tHe USB back in the car. I aspected that the UPLOAD to Uconnect would start automaticaly but unfortunately it didn't. What can I do to solve this problem?
The old software version is 11.815.2461354.107, Europe 970.7524
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @JackBoelens

Welcome to the community!
    Could you try reinstalling the map using TomTom HOME?
    If the UConnect still not recognizes the installed map then I would suggest that you contact the car dealer.

Regards
    Vikram
  • JackBoelensJackBoelens Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram
    thanks for your reply. I allready visited the car dealer but they didn't manage either.
    So my question is: how can I reinstall the map. Is it just copying the downloaded new map that are on my PC to the USB or something else?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,623
    Superuser
    Hi @JackBoelens

Have you downloaded the TomTom HOME software logged into your account and then tried to use that to add the map.

Doug
    Hi Doug,
    What I did was:
    1) download the old maps and software version 11.815.2461354.107 from my Uconnect in the car to a USB
    2) log into my TomTom account on my laptop Windows 10
    3) purcased the new TomTomHome and downloaded (install) it on my laptop
    4) copyed it to the USB
    5) put the USB in my car and waited for the upload to come
    6) but no way the new software was uploaded and that's the problem
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,623
    Superuser
    edited June 29
    Hi @JackBoelens

You don't purchase TomTom Home it is Tomtom's Software used for managing their PND devices etc. Ie load maps, updates etc.

I don't have a UConnect but I assume like the PNDs you open the TT Home software and log into your account on it. It should then show you any maps available and you then download the maps to the PND's or in your case the USB.

Is that what you are trying to do.

Doug
    Yes, that is what I did