Using the new TomTom GO Navigation app on multiple devices — TomTom Community

Using the new TomTom GO Navigation app on multiple devices

ErikNLErikNL Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Up until today I was able to use the app on two devices with different Gmail accounts, by using restoring the purchase option.

Today I renewed my subscription for one year and it uses the Google subscription to manage that. So on my device where I renewed the subscription everything works fine. But on the other device (with the other Google account) it says that no subscription can be found, although I log on with the same credentials...

Is the subscription only linked to 1 device or 1 Google account?

Answers

• JvdZJvdZ Posts: 75 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    It is linked to the TomTom account you login with in the App.
  • ErikNLErikNL Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    So you say it should be possible when I log in on another device with the same TomTom account? It worked in the 'old' app, but in the new app Google Subscriptions is being used.
    As far as I know the subscription is tight to the login account you supply in the TomTom services settings page only, but I do not have the latest "new/crippled version" rolled out to me yet.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,388 Community Manager
    The subscription is now handled by Google so the subscription will be limited to the Google account you purchase it with.
    Good to know this is changing too.
    Does it allow the Family option too or solely the single account?
    Either my wife or I use the Car and TomTom, on our own phones, with our own google account, which was working fine up till now (v 1.18.1) and this will not be possible anymore either in the new version?
    JvdZ wrote: »
    Does it allow the Family option too or solely the single account?
    ?
  • ErikNLErikNL Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 30
    With Google Play you have the possibility to add apps to your family group, which consists of several Google accounts. These apps can only be used by members of the family. Would be nice if that would be the case for TomTom as well.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,388 Community Manager
    As long as you have an active subscription on your TomTom or Google Account and are logged in it should work. The GO Navigation subscription is linked to your account and not your device.

See the note regarding the payment method mentioned on this page: https://support.google.com/families/answer/7007852?hl=en
    @Jürgen , I am fully aware of how Google Play works, but my simple question is whether TomTom made the new app "eligible to be added to Family Library"?
    I can't check as we both still get v1.18.1 in the playstore with the inapp purchase option using the tomtom account.