NEW RIDER550 WITH SEVERAL ISSUES — TomTom Community

NEW RIDER550 WITH SEVERAL ISSUES

KTMRIDER_550KTMRIDER_550 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Morning all, I have 550, used 4 times since new, the issues are....
1. Sharing files, it comes up internal error, try again latter. tried 3 times no luck.
2. Have done 2, 600km rides and tried to record them and 100km before my arrival its stopped recording.
3. It turns itself on and off, I'm guessing its breaking connection with those tiny pins, any solution for these 3 issues.
Cheers Mark

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    edited June 25
    Hi
    @KTMRIDER_550
    Welcome to the site....
    Morning all, I have 550, used 4 times since new, the issues are....
    1. Sharing files, it comes up internal error, try again latter. tried 3 times no luck.
    What is the method of transfer are you using... Which files and file Type are you trying to transfer ???
    2. Have done 2, 600km rides and tried to record them and 100km before my arrival its stopped recording.
    I have read recently there is a Max distance limit for track recording (I can't recall the actual distance ) Maybe its 500km ???
    3. It turns itself on and off, I'm guessing its breaking connection with those tiny pins, any solution for these 3 issues.
    Cheers Mark
    Have you checked the power pins on the Rider Mount... they should be free in the mount, protrude 1.5mm and be spring loaded

Is the Mount & Rider 5xx stable when the Bike is running/ticking over etc... (i.e Vibrations V-Twin or Single Cylinder engines) this can cause an intermittent power connection.....

Screen Blanking....
    Some users suggest Auto screen Rotation can cause screen blanking
    To stop screen rotation....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Display --> Orientation lock... Set to on

Screen Blanking....
    Some users suggest Screen blanking only happens in 3D Mode ???
    I only Ride 2D Rotate in direction of travel (I hate 3D)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM