No contact with satellites on Start52 — TomTom Community

No contact with satellites on Start52

I have no contact with satellites on my Start 52. Have made factory reset. The device is less than 2 years, so the guarantee is valid.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,707
    Superuser
    Hi @BertilB

Could you try the following.

Charge the unit for a couple of hours or do the following whilst it is connected to a good power source.

Turn the unit on then when ready to work do a Soft Reset which is Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the Drumroll sound then let the button go. The unit will restart and when it is ready for use again then take it outside well away from buildings and trees with a clear view of the sky all around.

Now recreate a route on it and press Drive or Lets go as you would when in the car then place the unit down and leave for up to 30 minutes. It should lock onto the satellites and once it does it should be quicker in future. Also when offered add any updates you get and do a Soft Reset when you have finished any updates which you should do one at a time.

You may find that it locks onto the sats quicker if you place the unit whilst well away from buildings etc on the metal roof of a car. Whilst you are waiting for it to lock on do not leave it out of sight.

Doug
  • BertilBBertilB Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. Done the above. Used an large open area outside the house. Left the unit more than an hour. No satellites. Did it again on another open area 1 hour. Nothing happened. I suppose I must send it to Tomtom for repair. The problem is that I cannot find any information on how to do this. How do you contact the manufacturer?