Rider replacement touchscreen not working properly — TomTom Community

Rider replacement touchscreen not working properly

robleorobleo Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
Hi,

my Rider was replaced 7 months ago because of a problem.
I haven't tested the touchscreen of the new device until last Sunday (I had just connected the TomTom to my pc before), when I had my first "real" trip after winter and Covid lockdown.
Unfortunately the touchscreen doesn't work properly: sometimes you need a lot of taps to issue a command (that happens with the Menu button in the left lower corner; in other cases you just touch a key and you get three or four letters. Sometimes you can't issue the commadn at all.
I'm not sure but it seems it depends on th eare of the screen you're tapping in.

Usually I use my pc or mobile to plan my route and set options on my Rider, but I need to interact with the device during my way, too. With such a defective touchscreen it is very dangerous to do it, because you need a lot of time and attention even to accomplish the most trivial task.

What can I do? And if just nothing, will TomTom repair my device, even if I noticed the defect so late?

Thank you for a kind answer.
Roberto

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    Hi
    @robleo
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 316 [Exalted Navigator]
    if the device is rotated, the items on the screen change, say the menu button location, does that change anything ??
    like places on the screen hardware, vs software or something else....
    just a thought to try after a drum roll restart.
  • robleorobleo Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you guys. I'll try both. Last Sunday it drove me crazy: just switching from the overview to the detailed map takes dozens of tries. It's very very dangerous.
    Add that it's impssible to access the assistance page: from the Italian site the link gives back a 404!!!