How to delete the selected location

MJH48
MJH48 Registered Users Posts: 33
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Now that I've learned to navigate using a map, I ask, how to delete the selected location on the map, which I create a pressing and hold a location on the map
Is there anything other way, than a to navigate to your destination and delete the route.
After that, of course, I can delete the destination.

Best Answer

Answers

• MJH48
    Master Explorer
    Thanks Doug

In brief
    If you have added a location to the map and do not want to go to there, tap the arrowhead above + and - to the left, for the map cleaning.
  • LAURE123
    LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi all

Only to complete @DougLap message. I'm not sure too if I understand your question.

According to your last comments on the forum you have a GO Premium. Updating your forum profile with your device name will help you get answers to your future questions.

For the programmed path:
    - you reach the programmed destination, the route disappears on its own. The screen of your device switches to map mode. Nothing more to do.
    - You want to delete the current route before reaching the destination.
    ==> Settings / current route / clear route

For the destination:
    You want to delete the registered destination. it depends on how you saved it on your device:
    - A destination simply chosen on the device but not saved:
    ==> Settings (4 Dots..)/ Recent Destination/ Edit List/ select then Delete.
    - A destination registered in "My Places" (Star symbol)
    ==> Settings (4 Dots....)/ My Places/ Edit List/ select then Delete.
    - A marked destination (personally I never use its):
    ==> Settings (4 Dots....)/ My Places/ look for the "Marked Locations list", it's at the end of the list/ Edit List/ select then Delete.

For saved routes:

The GO Premium user manual could help you discover your new device. Available in pdf and html online:
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014362599-GO-Premium-User-Manual

Regards.
  • MJH48
    Master Explorer
    According to your last comments on the forum you have a GO Premium. Updating your forum profile with your device name will help you get answers to your future questions.

Good note, I really have GO Premium
    I will try to remember to mention the device in the future
    The GO Premium user manual could help you discover your new device.

Btw, I have manuals in Finnish and English
    I just have not found the answer to all the questions, even though I've read the manual, which is quite long.