Spark battery life to short — TomTom Community

Spark battery life to short

The battery seems to turn off whenever it feels like it even thou it's not flat(especially during runs). And battery life only lasts 3 days MAX.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,173
    Superusers
    It sounds like a depleted battery. You can try a factory reset and see if that helps but otherwise it is time for a new watch (you can try replacing the battery yourself but you would need to source the battery and special tools needed on your own). You would be better off just getting a new watch, there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days (TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago).
  • KarlMatherKarlMather Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    The battery on my 12 month old Spark 3 Cardio watch only last a few hours around 3 when I’m active and trying to record. Which means it’s not much use if I want to record a full days activities. I bought it online as the stockist where I first saw it has stopped stocking it and am concerned that it’s because of the problem I’ve found. Pity as function are great for a budget watch, but battery life is awful.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,173
    Superusers
    They stopped stocking it since TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago. The watch had been discontinued for over 18 months when you bought it,. Depending on sensors and features used 3 hours may be about right, it was never designed for all day use, battery life for a new watch is rated for around 5 hours for GPS/HR/Music, 9 for GPS/HR, 11 for GPS only, 2 weeks for watch only (that includes pause time as the sensors are still on - so if during a 2-hour activity you had 30 minutes of pause it was 2:30 of battery life, not just the 2 hours it was recording for). Those of course are estimates and best-case scenario and are impacted by usage (using backlight, switching screens, etc.) and environmental conditions (overcast skies, tree cover, tall buildings, etc.). If you have night mode or the backlight on that is going to impact it greatly.
  • KarlMatherKarlMather Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks! That’s about what I thought, a disappointment though as the only thing wrong with the watch is it’s battery life.