Go on Android: Can't renew. — TomTom Community

Go on Android: Can't renew.

pgreggpgregg Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
I've had Tomtom Go on Android for the past 5 years. My renewal recently ran out (May) and since everyone has been working from home I didn't bother renewing.

I'm now looking to renew (or 'Upgrade' as in the App) and buy 1 more year. However, every time I click the Upgrade, then press the 1 Year £14.99 button it displays a spinner in grey 'Processing Purchase' followed by a large white box at the bottom of the screen:

Error
Something went wrong on our end. Please try again.

I've retried a dozen times, logged out, logged back in. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled. But always the same error. Please advise.

Thanks.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,638 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @pgregg

Welcome to the Community! Is this a GO Mobile App or the new GO Navigation App? Can you please confirm the app version installed on your phone?

Regards, lampard
  • pgreggpgregg Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I guess Tomtom Go Mobile because it has (for months) been telling me about what is coming in the new one.

I solved the problem by installing it in my daughter's phone, logging into my account and purchasing it there. My own phone then picked up the fact my account had bought it and I'm good for another year.