Is there a user manual for Go Supreme? — TomTom Community

Is there a user manual for Go Supreme?

Cannot find a user manual for Go Supreme navigation device within the current listing of user manuals. Will/when will a user manual for the new Go Supreme be provided to the listing?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,893
    Superuser
    Hi @Elnel359

I think that if you download and use the Premium manual but bear in mind the Supreme does not have an inbuilt Mobile Sim but you need to contact to your Smartphone, as detailed in the manual for the GO Basic ,for Traffic etc then that will cover you.

Maybe @VikramK can take this matter up within Tomtom.

Doug
  • Elnel359Elnel359 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi...DougLap... thanks for your response! Unfortunately, I am not technically proficient, so I don't completely understand your answer/directions. I will go to the list of user manuals and look at the "Premium"... or is that Go Premium??? Then look at the Go Basic User Manual...perhaps between them, they can assist me in correcting the distance errors I am having with the Go Supreme. Thanks... any other ideas may be helpful...but, I'm considering returning the Go Supreme.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,893
    Superuser
    HI @Elnel359

Yes it is the Go Premium. The main difference is that the Premium has the inbuilt Mobile sim so it is able to connect to the Tomtom Servers and get Traffic data etc whilst you are travelling along. The reason the GO Supreme is now being offered instead is that Mobile Sims used in the Premium models etc would not work in the US or Australia for instance. The unit you have requires connection to your Phone whilst in use so that the unit can receive the required data and otherwise perform in exactly the same way.

Reading the Premium manual will help you operate al the functions offered by the unit and the Basic models manual will help you with the connections to your phone.

Always bear in mind if you have any questions there will usually be someone here who can help you

Doug
  • MurmanMurman Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am looking at buying the Go Supreme 6 wi-fi on amazon.ca and wanted to compare it to a Garmin Drivesmart 65 with Traffic. The Garmin has a manual but I could not find a manual for the Tom Tom, but now I guess I can use the "Premium " manual for copmarison.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,091
    Superusers
    edited June 4
    Hi
    @Murman
    Yes to GO Premium Manual is the best match.....
    The GO Supreme has NO built-in GPRS SIM...

ATB YFM