Mismatch between speed limit displayed on Amigo screen (which is correct) and the announced value — TomTom Community

Mismatch between speed limit displayed on Amigo screen (which is correct) and the announced value

coylemjcoylemj Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
A section of road near me is a speed (camera) enforcement zone. The speed limit displayed on the local street signage is 50 kph and that value appears on the Amigo screeen when driving along the road. However the voice announces that the speed limit is 60 kph so if you were not watching the screen, there is a danger that you could exceed the speed limit, based on the announced value which is wrong. How do I report this?

If I can do it here, it's the south-western end of Kill Lane in south Dublin, Ireland.

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,895
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @coylemj

You could try Mapshare Reporter.

Doug
  • coylemjcoylemj Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Doug, have done that.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,613 Moderator
    Hi @coylemj

Is this happening at the one location you mentioned above only or with every speed limit of 50 KPH?

Best, lampard
    It's the only one I noticed. A speed enforcement zone doesn't necessarily begin at a spot where the speed limit changes so when you are entering a zone, there is often no speed limit sign at that spot. There is in this case, you turn off the N11 into KIll Lane, the speed limit changes from 60 to 50 kph and the speed enforcement zone starts so there is a '50' speed limit sign. But the voice announcement says the limit is 60, even though the display correctly shows 50.
    I now know that the error only occurs when travelling in one direction (NE, coming off the N11) but I can't see any way to update the report in Mapshare Reporter. Can anyone advise me how this can be done? The Report ID is 98b4d80f-ba3d-4159-9e8f-ae2526cfd9b7
    This has now been fixed