Forum Page Visuals — TomTom Community

Forum Page Visuals

TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 85 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Is there any chance the clever TomTom Web Developers can change the the light grey text on a sightly off-white background?

Why? Because its a hard to read on my laptop under domestic lighting like I guess it is for most home users.

To put this into context I cannot use Windows 10 because the dreadful screen contrasts. I really miss XP and now don't even bother with WIn10. Seems the Web Developers here have followed Microsoft.

Before anyone points it out... Yes I have tried the Win10 BLACK background with WHITE text and this also sucks. In essence they just reinvented MS-DOS on a black n white monitor. Very Retro.. Ah NO!

For the record its UBUNTU for me unless I need to update my older SatNavs.

While I'm here... Is there any point of being asked how helpful my visit to this forum is/was withing seconds of my arrival?

AND before I forget... It would be VERY helpful if the little pop-up that warns one's new post it going to moderation is a bit more visible. Small, grey and in the bottom left of my screen isn't going to work well for me.

Comments

• TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 85 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Guys, by way of explanation... This thread has been stuck in drafts for ages until today I find I'm not allowed to use the words like "b i t c h" or the term "c r a p p y little roads".

Hmmmm!
  • LepreLepre Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi,
    you can no longer enter the forum from Tom Tom Home page
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,141 [Exalted Pioneer]
    edited June 17
    Lepre wrote: »
    At the bottom of the Home page select Navigation Support and then at the bottom the next page select Discussions Forum. But if two clicks don't work for you then bookmark the Discussions Home page.
  • LepreLepre Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    tgold wrote: »
    Lepre wrote: »
    At the bottom of the Home page select Navigation Support and then at the bottom the next page select Discussions Forum. But if two clicks don't work for you then bookmark the Discussions Home page.

Ciao tgold
    Grazie mille
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    @TigerRider - I'm not totally sure what you're after. Is it more contrast or less?

If less, then you're going to get serious resistance from those with visual issues. If more, then I'm not sure how you can improve the contrast of a web page with dark grey text and a white (I'm talking #ffffff white) background.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 85 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @dmulv, thanks for your input. I am perhaps after better contract but without the retina burning backgrounds I get on my Win10 system. I'm no spring chicken and perhaps this is my problem. This might simply be a question of a different font.

I feel increasingly at the mercy of young developers going for the " Cool Look" to their pages but this tend to translate to 'kin annoying as one ages.

Certainly different web sites have their "look" and with it ease of assimilation. I struggle a bit with the TomTom's site but not others.