Rider 550 does not re-calculate the route — TomTom Community

Rider 550 does not re-calculate the route

Thor-EgilThor-Egil Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Hi,
I just bought a new Rider 550 GPS for my motorcycle, but I have a problem when using it. If I leave the planned track the GPS does not re-calculate/update the route, it just asks me to return to the point where I left the planned track. Anyone who can help to fix this?

Best Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 478 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited June 14 Accepted Answer
    It does recalculate but the Rider doesn’t know there is for example a roadblock. So for some time going back can be the most logical solution.
    When you drive the detour the Rider will pickup a new route back to your track automatically. (You can see this in the blue route line. When the bottom part is light blue the route takes you back. When it is dark blue it is an ongoing route.)

Sometimes it is enough to just zoom out to find your detour.
    In other cases it is better to reload and not hit drive to see the route from the track without changes. (I like to push te arrow and zoom to get te best view)
    To display the original track you can use GPX Track 2 OV2 or Load Track. This helps to see the real unchanged track points.

So just drive to the point where you want to enter the track again and the Rider will pick it up.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    edited June 15 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Thor-Egil
    I prefer .ITN Routes....
    A Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route
    An .ITN Route uses Stops and the device plans the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it

A .GPX Track... is basicly a Bread Crumb trail that you follow....

Maybe....
    When you have diverted from the Track
    (1)... Cancel the .GPX Track
    (2)... Re-load & Calculate the .GPX Track
    (3)... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Track.... Ride to Track
    (4)... The device will plan the route from your Current location and join the .GPX Track at the nearest Access point from your Current location....

Note... You may not need to clear and restart the .GPX Track
    Try....
    (1)... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Track.... Ride to Track
    (2)... The device will plan the route from your Current location and join the .GPX Track at the nearest Access point from your Current location....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 478 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited June 14 Accepted Answer
    It does recalculate but the Rider doesn’t know there is for example a roadblock. So for some time going back can be the most logical solution.
    When you drive the detour the Rider will pickup a new route back to your track automatically. (You can see this in the blue route line. When the bottom part is light blue the route takes you back. When it is dark blue it is an ongoing route.)

Sometimes it is enough to just zoom out to find your detour.
    In other cases it is better to reload and not hit drive to see the route from the track without changes. (I like to push te arrow and zoom to get te best view)
    To display the original track you can use GPX Track 2 OV2 or Load Track. This helps to see the real unchanged track points.

So just drive to the point where you want to enter the track again and the Rider will pick it up.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    edited June 15 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Thor-Egil
    I prefer .ITN Routes....
    A Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route
    An .ITN Route uses Stops and the device plans the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it

A .GPX Track... is basicly a Bread Crumb trail that you follow....

Maybe....
    When you have diverted from the Track
    (1)... Cancel the .GPX Track
    (2)... Re-load & Calculate the .GPX Track
    (3)... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Track.... Ride to Track
    (4)... The device will plan the route from your Current location and join the .GPX Track at the nearest Access point from your Current location....

Note... You may not need to clear and restart the .GPX Track
    Try....
    (1)... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Track.... Ride to Track
    (2)... The device will plan the route from your Current location and join the .GPX Track at the nearest Access point from your Current location....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Thor-EgilThor-Egil Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for your feedback, I will try these tips, I think they will solve my problem.