Thrilling routes should avoid urban areas and housing estates — TomTom Community

Thrilling routes should avoid urban areas and housing estates

StevevandeheuvelStevevandeheuvel Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
Yes I know there are other threads with this subject but they are not being addressed by TomTom.
I use MyDrive to plan my thrilling motorcycle routes through Europe. But I dont think riding through busy urban areas is very thrilling unless you count the dangers involved with riding through a city center as thrilling, Also to be guided through a suburban housing estate as part of a thrilling route from A to B is very annoying for me and for the residents of said housing estate.
The maps show urban and suburban areas in a different colour so it must be possible for the route planning software to recognise these areas but the opposite seems to be happening and I am often sent through very slow very boring and utterly unthrilling roads. Are you already working on this TomTom? I and many others would welcome this if you are.
Thanks
Steve
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,270
    Superusers
    edited June 2020
    Hi
    @Stevevandeheuvel
    Welcome to the site....
    +1....
    I suppose in the ideal world, the Thrill route planned route stored on the device should be divided into sub sections, Urban/Town/Cities and Open Countryside

The device should know when you enter a urban/town/city area and switch from a winding route to fastest route, then as you leave the built-up area the device would switch back to your chosen level winding route

The route algorithm for a winding/thrill route, by definition must be totally different to a town/city fastest route, different enough to effect thrill factor of the ride... Especially after you have missed a turning in a Urban,Town or City part of the route
    The route re-calculations on the fly and the Slalom type route the 'Thrill option' generates in Urban/Town/Cities can be real PITA....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM