Weather forecast on the route — TomTom Community

Weather forecast on the route

pistu_fogheccpistu_foghecc Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
Why don't u add this feature. Could be very useful and cool. Even with the sun, to know the temperature could be awesome

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @pistu_foghecc

The weather feature was discontinued quite a few years ago on all the TomTom products.
    We keep getting this feedback to bring back the functionality. As always I will add that as an improvement request to be forwarded to our Product Team.

Thanks, Vikram
  • pistu_fogheccpistu_foghecc Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @pistu_foghecc

The weather feature was discontinued quite a few years ago on all the TomTom products.
    We keep getting this feedback to bring back the functionality. As always I will add that as an improvement request to be forwarded to our Product Team.

Thanks, Vikram

Few? I have owned the rider 400 for many years now. Never seen that
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    "The weather feature was discontinued quite a few years ago on all the TomTom products.
    We keep getting this feedback to bring back the functionality".

This sums up TomTom perfectly. Remove a really useful feature, and ignore continuous requests to have it. Then add a hardly used features like "preview a route".

Given the domination of the PND market by Garmin and TomTom it's difficult for a new supplier to enter the market.
    I have been trying out MyRoute-app Navigation on an cheap Android Sat Nav. It's not quite there yet but it is getting close.