Old map on new device — TomTom Community

Old map on new device

DaveGorDaveGor Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Hi
Just bought a Go premium but the Europe map is from Feb 2019 even though the device says it is up to date. I gather the latest version is from 2020 Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• DaveGorDaveGor Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for the very quick responses. I had not appreciated that the features needed to be activated. Maps have now been updated, traffic information is working, all is well!
    Thanks for your help
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    Hi
    @DaveGor
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DagokeDagoke Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is that the reason why my new Rider500 works with an 11 months old map e.g.: Europe v1035.9710 and it tells me I am "up to date"?
    How many map updates can one expect each year?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,758
    Superuser
    Hi @Dagoke

Lifetime maps are roughly quarterly and 1035 is not the latest. If that is the one you have at the moment and you are not being offered any update for the map please advise back here.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,637 Moderator
    Hi @Dagoke

Could you check for updates after doing a soft reset please?

Thanks, Vikram
    Hi @VikramK ,

Yes, I did a soft reset ( I first looked, on the forum here, for possible answers of course), I also tried to update via the USB cable. Updates for traffic cams are no problem what so ever. The TT Rider says that I am "up to date" (with an 11 months old map).
    I even tried a reset to factory, but the results are always the same.
    Hi @Dagoke

Did you do a soft reset today? Our team has done some changes in the backend. The new map should be offered as downloads when connected to a Wi-Fi internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram
    edited June 2020
    Just did what you asked @VikramK and I received a small map update from the map share community (63.00 B ).
    @Dagoke

That is quite a strange behaviour. As a last attempt from my side I have asked the 2nd Line to create scripts to push the new map v1050.

Could you please check for updates one more time?

If this does not help then I would recommend contacting our customer service. The case might need further investigation from their end.

Thanks, Vikram
    edited June 2020
    @VikramK you mus have a magic wand =) !
    I started my GPS and suddenly it restarted and informed that I did not have a map installed. Then it gave me a choice to download a new map. So right now my GPS is hanging on his umbilical cord ( power) while the download is in process.
    Thank you so much for your assistance. I wil keep you update here when the map update is installed.
    Update for @VikramK:
    Your magic wand worked! My map went from version: 1035.9710 to version: 1050.10249
    Thank you very much for your assistance and good advice.
  • Abrahamelener2002Abrahamelener2002 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    I got newtomtom premium but does not have upto date map. It says its updated but I see a lot of differences.
    Superuser
    Hi @Abrahamelener2002

When you first started the device did you get an updated map offered. If not then either it has not logged into the Account you entered for My Drive or it needs the units settings sorted on TT servers. @VikramK or @lampard can review this tomorrow and sort if necessary.

Under about in Settings the maps if the latest should be version 10.55.

Doug
    Thank you @DougLap . I have map for Europe 1055.10392
    Is it different from 10.55
    Superuser
    Hi @Abrahamelener2002

That is the Latest version of the Europe map for cars. The 10.55 relates to the version, or you could say issue number, and the latter reference relates to the map so for example the current Europe Camper map has the same 10.55 but the following reference is different

Doug
    edited November 2020
    Do you mean 1055.10392 is the same as 10.55 for europe. it shows me different speed limits than the actual speedlimit. I wonder if there is some thing to do
    Superuser
    edited November 2020
    Hi @Abrahamelener2002

Yes it is the same. The speeds limits may be wrong as some are around where I am. They seem to take some time to get corrected once they have been advised via the Mapshare website..

Doug