Peculiar behaviour from Go 5200 Wi-Fi — TomTom Community

Peculiar behaviour from Go 5200 Wi-Fi

I have owned a Go 5200 Wi-Fi for several years and it has been brilliant. However, recently it started becoming unreliable. This takes several forms: it just suddenly randomly goes black then, after a few moments, restarts itself. Sometimes using the menus they go jerky to scroll and are slow to react to taps. Other times, whilst navigating, the map freezes for a while and then very slowly catches up to itself. These problems began after updating the OS and maps at some point. I feel the machine needs completely erasing and reinstalling but I cannot find how to do that. I have tried resetting it but that does not help.

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,512 TomTom Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @jkfrench

Welcome to the community!
    The reset you are referring to, was that a factory reset? Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.
    If not done try that first.

OR

We can try a clean reinstallation of the software using the recovery mode-
    [This process will remove the existing firmware and replace it with a fresh version]

Regards,
    Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,512 TomTom Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @jkfrench

Welcome to the community!
    The reset you are referring to, was that a factory reset? Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.
    If not done try that first.

OR

We can try a clean reinstallation of the software using the recovery mode-
    [This process will remove the existing firmware and replace it with a fresh version]

Regards,
    Vikram
  • jkfrenchjkfrench Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram,
    Thanks for your prompt and very helpful reply. The only reference regarding resetting my device I could find on the TomTom website referred to holding down the on/off button for 15 seconds. I had tried that but it hadn't helped. I have now done as you suggested and the faults appear to have cleared - thank you very much!
  • LepreLepre Posts: 62 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi,
    how do you see the new version of GO 5200 software on the TOM TOM website? I saw that they made changes on the page.
    Thanks