minor issue with Myconnect software v4.1.9.4053 — TomTom Community

minor issue with Myconnect software v4.1.9.4053

I have just updated to Myconnect software to v4.1.9.4053 software. Then I did the device updates for "QuickGPSfix", and maps 10.5 - they seem to have worked as far as I can tell. Software it crashed when I shutdown the app from system tray menu. I tried to reproduce the error but could not. I uninstalled v4.1.9.4053 software, and re-installed but then "mycontent" screen was not working it had no details when I plugged in VIA 260 (model Model: 4EQ41 Z1230) and logged in. I deleted device from my profile repeated re-install again and seems to be working ok but have not tested doing device update. Crash log attached. This is on old Windows PC but I thought I would mention in case anyone else encounters same issue. I have a mini dump file if any tech support would be interested. Attached log file for crash "0xC0000005 - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 001B: address 5E98BBD1"

Anyone else seen this issue?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Thanks RaceQuest,

Haven't seen any reports on the community which resemble to the issue you mentioned.

I will have forward the crash log to the team anyway to be reviewed.

Regards
    Vikram

• RaceQuestRaceQuest Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    edited June 11
    VikramK wrote: »
    Thanks RaceQuest,
    I will have forward the crash log to the team anyway to be reviewed.

Thanks, I just noticed ext2fs.dll is dependant on MSVCR120.DLL but Visual Studio C++ 2013 runtime (link) is not installed on my system. Maybe ext2fs.exe / ext2fs.dll is not used when VIA 130/260/1435 is connected. The ext2fs.exe tool will not run until you install the required runtime DLL. I don't know when or if this tool is used.

I also found I have another version of libeay32.dll loaded on my system, so I replaced it with the more recent one provided with MyConnect.

I will re-test next time I have some device updates, and see if I can reproduce the first problem again.
  • RaceQuestRaceQuest Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    edited June 11
    ext2fs.exe - wrong name the correct name is e2fsck.exe - (used to check an ext2 filesystem c.f. like chkdsk.exe for FAT/NTFS storage)