Speed camera doesn't work anymore in NZ — TomTom Community

Speed camera doesn't work anymore in NZ

abmarche68abmarche68 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello everyone,

after I've updated the NZ Map on my TomTom Go 520, the speed camera alert stop to works. I've also renewed the year subscription.

I read many post, while suggested to factory reset the device, power off/on, but nothing. No any alarm indication when I drive.

Any suggest, help to solve the issue? I sent email to Customer support, but they are not replying!!

Thanks

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,866 Moderator
    Hi @abmarche68

Welcome to the community!
    I see they have responded to your email asking for some additional information today.
    Could you please revert with the requested information, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,397
    Superusers
    edited June 2020
    Hi
    abmarche68
    Welcome to the site....
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Average Speed Camera Zone'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar

93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg

Also Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu)
    Are any 'Sound Icons' slashed through ??? it’s really easy to turn off a Sound Icon when swiping through the Menus

v412wdu3g07c.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • abmarche68abmarche68 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    All sound & warning and other setting suggested by YamFazMan are setup correctly. The problem is I don't see anymore any Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera on my wide bar while I'm driving. Using old TomTom device appear when I almost close to Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera.

The problem occured after I've updated my maps :anguished:
  • abmarche68abmarche68 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi All,

let me provide more details on my issue. After I power on the TomTom, I setup the route and I can see the speed camera on my device (see attached file). While I'm driving to destination, after few minutes the speed camera disappear and when I'm very close to fixed speed camera doesn't show up/alarm. The same for the rest of the route. This behavior is constant. When I setup new destination, unfortunately the speed camera doesn't appear anymore until I reboot the device, but again doesn't doesn't show up/alarm when I'm very close to alert me.

Regards,

Alberto