No maps available - Start 52 — TomTom Community

No maps available - Start 52

DRBayDRBay Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Hi,

I have a TomTom Start52, connected to MyDrive with serial number. I tried to update the map after the purchase, I added an extra memory card in order to have enough available memory. I deleted the map, and now I cannot download anything. Been trying to solve this for months. Also talked to your helpdesk, but with no success.

If I am to get a map, then I have to pay for it.

How do I solve this? Almost 6 months with a device that cannot be used.

- Daniel

Best Answers

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,856
    Superuser
    edited June 2020
    Hi @DRBay

Does this help.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Also possibly @VikramK can have a look at your account and see if it needs sorting out and whether there are a load of activities blocking you sorting the matter out. Look back here tomorrow.
    Doug
  • DRBayDRBay Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Sorry, but it does not work. I am directed to a purchase map and not a free map.
    Superuser
    Hi @DRBay

Lest see what @VikramK says tomorrow when he has had a chance to look at your account and their server logs.

Doug
  • DRBayDRBay Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    This was exactly what was needed. Thank you.
    Will we also have the traffic cam warning?
  • LomixBomixLomixBomix Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    HI!
    I have same problem. I have a TomTom Start62. comes with liftime maps. purchased it 1 week ago.
    when inserted SD card all maps was gone. connected to MyDrive. and there under my maps is only offer: Time to replace my device!
    i dont whant to by a new deviece. i just bought one!

How can i redownload/update maps for my almost new device!
    Superuser
    Hi @LomixBomix

Is the SD card from another TT unit?

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @LomixBomix

Is the SD card from another TT unit?

Doug

sorry my english. ;) is new kingston micro SDHC 16gb. smen17jh0ymq.jpg
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,707 Moderator
    Hi @LomixBomix

Just do a factory reset and connect the device again to MyDrive Connect. The maps should be offered as a download.

Thanks, Vikram
    Superuser
    Hi @LomixBomix

The MyDrive Connect software can see the new card. I assume you were updating it and something has gone wrong during the process.

Let’s see what @VikramK suggests which may include the addition of a small map to your account which you can load first then reinstall the main map that you have lost.

If he does add a small map then leave it on your unit as this will help you run the unit normally and avoid the no maps found situation. Always do updates one at a time.

Look back here later.

Doug
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @LomixBomix

Just do a factory reset and connect the device again to MyDrive Connect. The maps should be offered as a download.

Thanks, Vikram

Hi, VikramK!
    Thanks for helping!
    How i reset this device? i press power button more 20-30s, but device not resetting. :/
    if press power button, device connected to pc or disconnect?
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @LomixBomix

Thanks, Vikram

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaa!
    thank you very much! All done!
    Thanks!
    Superuser
    edited August 2020
    Hi @LomixBomix

Tap menu/settings/system/reset device.

You will have to set the unit up again as you did when you first started using it. Make sure you include your account details during the process.

Doug