Go 6200 versus Go Premium 6 - is the 6200 still fully supported? — TomTom Community

Go 6200 versus Go Premium 6 - is the 6200 still fully supported?

I'm looking to purchase a new car Go 6200 sat nav in the UK. It seems that the 6200 has now been superseded by the Go Premium 6, but the Go 6200 better meets my budget.

Is the 6200 still fully supported? Will I still receive full support and many years of map updates, even though it has been replaced by the Go Premium 6?

Also, does the dashboard mount that comes in the box adhere to the car dashboard by an adhesive strip, and can it be used to suction onto the windscreen if preferred? Can this be easily removed without permanently marking the dash?

Thanks so much for your help!

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,953
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Mimi90

The 2 devices are very similar with the Premium having some additional facilities. Both should, subject to no unexpected occurrence, be supported for a long time as they have plenty of Memory capacity internally and can take extra memory.

Regarding the dashboard mount it has a suction facility so can be used on a smooth flat surface or on the windscreen. The Mount is able to rotate for either dashboard or windscreen position. Most cars dashboards do not have a smooth dashboard surface so a suitable mat that can be placed on the dashboard or a Disk which can be fixed by an adhesive backing is needed. Have a look in the accessories section of the website.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Mimi90

The 2 devices are very similar with the Premium having some additional facilities. Both should, subject to no unexpected occurrence, be supported for a long time as they have plenty of Memory capacity internally and can take extra memory.

Regarding the dashboard mount it has a suction facility so can be used on a smooth flat surface or on the windscreen. The Mount is able to rotate for either dashboard or windscreen position. Most cars dashboards do not have a smooth dashboard surface so a suitable mat that can be placed on the dashboard or a Disk which can be fixed by an adhesive backing is needed. Have a look in the accessories section of the website.

Doug
  • Mimi90Mimi90 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks so much, Doug. That is a really huge help and I very much appreciate it.

Thanks again.
    Superuser
    Hi @Mimi90

Your welcome. As a Tip when you get your GO6200 it will have 1 map loaded which will be Europe. One thing I would suggest is you download a small map which will get added to its internal memory. I have Venezuela which is very small and so takes up little space. Leave the map on the device so that should you have a problem during an update of the main map and as result lose it the device will still work normally as it has the small map on I so it can start up.t.

Doug
  • Mimi90Mimi90 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    That's a fantastic tip! Thanks so much Doug. I'll definitely do that.