Do i need Amigo if I have Android GO app? — TomTom Community

Do i need Amigo if I have Android GO app?

Good afternoon, I am a historic Waze user moving over to TOMTOM. I am keen to drive safely and hence speed cameras and notifications are a great way of staying safe and vigilant. If I have the GO app do I also need to run Amigo as an overlap app? Do they have the same database? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,899 Moderator
    edited June 8
    Hi @ToroFranco

GO Mobile App gives you turn-by-turn, voice navigation with downloadable maps, offline routes, live traffic, and speed camera alerts. AmiGO is an online app with basic online routing and focused on the speed camera & Traffic alerts.

If you have the GO Mobile app installed, personally I do not think that you need to run the AmiGO app in overlapping mode. But the app is free so give it try and see which one makes more sense to your daily navigation needs. Please feel free to provide us with the feedback :)

Best, lampard
  • ToroFrancoToroFranco Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, is it correct to say both use the same database hence if I have Go then it's more complete as it has other services vs AmiGo
  • bastlebastle Posts: 34 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited June 8
    Amigo is supposed to have more updated maps as it is using the online maps like MydriveWeb which is at least one Map release ahead of Go NDS ans PND Maps.

Live services should be the same but you can report more incidents like roadworks or traffic jams what is not possible in TomTom GO. All in all, more community based approach.
    But please correct me @lampard if I'm wrong.

The more community based approach and more customization (threshold speeding warning) should be also added to the Go app :)
    Btw strange that a free app has more options (threshold warnings) than the full price one.

• MW001684MW001684 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Why is it still not possible To build My Routes In the TomTom Go Navigation App. You can use My Routes in ALL Android Phones! I use a TomTom Rider 550 - AMIGO and a Yearly payed Go Navigation. A lot of Bikers use their phones Android. But it is still not possible on iPhone’s . TomTom developpers Go on and built My Routes in the IPhone app. Thank You👍
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,365
    Superuser
    Hi @MW001684

It does not currently work on the latest Android App. Regarding the Apple App it will not work for a couple of reasons. Firstly the latest App uses a new map format which is not compatible with the My Drive Maps. Tomtom are working on the compatible issue. Secondly I suspect that Apple have not allowed the transfer of the routing data hence it is not available, or ever has been, as until the latest Android App TT were happy to and allowed to send the routes in Android.

Doug