Contacts can't handle addresses with unit numbers. — TomTom Community

Contacts can't handle addresses with unit numbers.

JC_AUJC_AU Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
If a contact lives in a unit or other type of building that has more than just a street number, TomTom Go just reports that it can't find the address. I can't figure out what annotation to use, and seeing as I'm having it look up contacts I don't want to remove the finer details of someone's address from my contacts entry. It means I have to duplicate my contacts list in to My Places (but with unit / building / apartment / lot numbers etc) removed from the address.

And with business addresses, if there's not an exact match it doesn't offer alternates. I find quite often a businesses postal address is different from what TomTom will accept as the postal street number is different from that listed in navigation systems.

Contacts, even now you can finally search it, seems quite poorly implemented and not thought through that much.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,091 Moderator
    HI @JC_AU

Thank you for the feedback, I'll send this to my product team as an improvement request.

Best, lampard
  • starbar42starbar42 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have the same problem. If I click on a contact on my iPhone a message appears "Address Not Found" but showing underneath the exact address!
    What can I do to correct this problem?
    Do I have the wrong settings?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,933
    Superuser
    Hi @starbar42

It is likely the way you have completed the Contacts address data. make sure you have everything in the right place.

Doug